This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
This post is in partnership with Aidells® Sausage & Barilla® Pasta.
I love goat cheese and red peppers together so this Creamy Goat Cheese, Red Pepper, & Sausage Penne was a no brainer. It’s absolutely divine and pure comfort food!
Be sure to sign up for my email list….seasonal recipes in your inbox every week!
Pasta and sausage go together perfectly and I’m always coming up with creative ways to pair them together, but this is one of my favorite ways. I always slice my sausage and brown it slightly…it gives it such an amazing flavor and texture.
I’m at Target every couple weeks, buying way too much in the Dollar Spot. Isn’t that the most glorious spot in the whole store? What I love most is that I can always pick up some of my favorite things for an easy supper when I get home. Total bonus for me that both the Barilla® and the Aidells® sausage I picked up are gluten free. Both are absolutely delicious products and have always been staples in my home.
Aidells® sausage is one of my favorite brands of sausage. They are gluten free, has no nitrates, no added hormones and are made in small batches. Plus they come fully cooked, so they are a must for quick family meals.
I’ve been a fan of Barilla® for years, so when I had to eliminate wheat from my diet, it was my logical go-to for a pasta brand. And it I totally love the Barilla® Gluten Free Pasta because it has a classic pasta taste and texture. It’s made from a delicious blend of corn and rice and no GMO ingredients. No joke…the first time I had it, I questioned whether I was eating traditional and not gluten free pasta…it was that good!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #amftrecipes when you share one of my recipes….so I can see all the wonderful recipes YOU make!
Connect with Around My Family Table!
Make sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive seasonal recipes once a week or
receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
- 1 package Barilla Gluten Free Penne, cooked according to package
- 1 package Aidells Chicken & Apple Sausage
- 3 tbls vegetable oil
- 3 tbls AP gluten free flour blend
- 2 tlbs chopped garlic
- 1 cup milk (almond, soy, traditional)
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 8 oz package of goat cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- salt and pepper
- Slice sausage into half-inch rounds and lightly brown in a large skillet over medium high heat. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In same pan, add oil and flour. Stir and cook for one minute over medium high heat, then add chopped garlic and continue cooking for another minute.
- Reduce heat and add milk and chicken stock. Using a wire whisk, stir to remove any lumps. When it's lump free, turn the heat back up to medium high and add the package of goat cheese. Continue stirring until cheese is melted and sauce has thickened. Stir in chopped roasted peppers, cooked sausage, and drained sausage.
- Serve immediately over cooked pasta.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 272Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 58mgSodium: 708mgCarbohydrates: 5.2gSugar: 5gProtein: 10g
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Barilla® & Aidells®. The opinions and text are all mine.