As I mentioned earlier this week, I’m not a huge fan of seafood mostly because I don’t like how it has a “fishy” taste. Plus now anything breaded is totally off limits so that really knocks a lot of things I would try off my list. With that said, I was open to giving Dr. Praeger’s products a try when they contacted me about developing a recipe for them using one of their products. I thought it would be fun to give the fish sticks a try since I knew the kids would love them and they were gluten free too!
Pretty much all the products I’ve tried so far have been delicious. I love how few ingredients each product has, the fun shapes for the kids, and how fresh they taste when prepared. Their products are made with real ingredients that you can pronounce and feel good about eating. After sampling the fish sticks, I knew I had to create an easy fish taco dish. There was no weird fishy taste and no weird taste due to the gluten free coating. WOOHOO! With the assistance of Hubbyman, I ended up making these Fish Tacos with Avocado Cream Sauce and since it took less than 15 minutes, I knew I had to share it with y’all today!
I’ve had a few fish tacos in my time and I’ve only been a fan of a few of them, but I think I ate like 4 of these when I made them for lunch last weekend. The “breading” on the fish is gluten free, the “cream” in the avocado sauce is dairy free plus they were ready in under 15 minutes. That even includes heating the oil and lightly pan frying the fish (although you could microwave them if you needed to…but I wouldn’t).
Fish Tacos with Avocado Cream Sauce #15MinuteSuppers
- 1 box Dr. Praeger's Fish Sticks
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 head cabbage
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup sour cream (or dairy free sour cream)
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- kosher salt
- hot sauce
- Lightly pan fry fish sticks according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, shredded cabbage with a food processor or cut into small pieces. In a medium bowl, smash avocado and then mix with sour cream, lime juice, and kosher salt.
- When fish sticks are cooked, drain on paper towels then slice in half. Warm tortillas for 20 seconds in the microwave and then fill with two sticks (cut in half) and top with cabbage, avocado cream sauce, and a drizzle of hot sauce (if desired).
- ©Around My Family Table
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 1129kcal Calories from fat 440|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 49g||75%|
|Saturated Fat 12g||60%|
|Dietary Fiber 50g||200%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Need more quick 15 minute recipe ideas? Check out these other great #15MinuteSuppers!
- Meatball Alfredo Pasta by Better in Bulk
- Super Easy Chicken Parmesan by Monzanita’s
- Fresh Mozzarella and Pesto French Bread Pizza by Jen’s Journey
- Cilantro Lime Chicken by Just 2 Sisters
- BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches with Secret Recipe Coleslaw and Colby Jack Cheese by Famished Fish, Finicky Shark
- Salmon Cakes by Cute as a Fox
- Fish Tacos with Avocado Cream Sauce by Around My Family Table
BLOGGERS: Would you like to join us at #15MinuteSuppers? We’d love to have you! Please check out the 15 Minute Suppers website or ask to join the Facebook group (for bloggers) to participate on Fridays…we’d love to have you join us.
Disclaimer: I was compensated for my recipe and provided products to facilitate my review. Recipe and opinions are my own.
Join the newsletter
Get Delicious & Seasonal Recipes in your INBOX every week.