This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
Light and crisp Flourless Chocolate Pecan Cookies are a scrumptious addition to your cookie jar!
These are my new favorite cookie…they are so easy and quick that you can’t mess them up. They are light, crisp, and full of pecans! Plus there is chocolate…the perfect amount of chocolate. Since chocolate is one of the key ingredients you have to use a good quality chocolate.
It’s worth picking up and using a really good quality brand of chocolate for your baking. Trust me…you can taste the difference. Just make sure there aren’t any crazy ingredients so the chocolate flavor really stands out.
- 18 oz unsalted pecan pieces
- 4 cups powdered sugar (plus more for kneading)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp corn syrup
- 3 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp shortening
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place the pecans in a food processor and process in short bursts until it’s finely ground (just be careful not to turn it into pecan butter by processing too much). Add the remaining ingredients and continuing pulsing until everything comes together.
- Dust counter with powdered sugar, turn out cookie dough, and knead for about 2 minutes or until smooth. Additional powdered sugar may be needed if it’s too sticky and not coming together. (I almost always work in an additional 1/2 cup of powdered sugar or so.)
- Pinch off small pieces (about the size of a whole pecan in the shell) and roll them into balls. Place dough balls onto lined baking pans (or pans that have been sprayed with non-stick cookie spray). Gently flatten each cookie slightly.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool on baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- While cookies are cooling, melt chocolate in the microwave with shortening in 30 second bursts. Stir between each burst. Keep melting until chocolate is smooth and creamy. Using the back of a spoon, drizzle chocolate over cookies. Let chocolate cool and harden before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 188Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 33mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 2gSugar: 17gProtein: 2g
I’ve partnered with some of my favorite gluten free bloggers to bring you 18 amazing Gluten Free Cookies that are totally worthy of ANY holiday cookie exchange.
- Gluten-free Chocolate Chip Butterscotch Cookies Recipe from Vegetarian Mamma
- Gluten-free Vegan Orange Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe from Sarah Bakes Gluten Free
- Gluten-free Snickerdoodles Recipe from Only Taste Matters
- Gluten-free Vegan Ninjabread Men Recipe from Flippin’ Delicious
- Gluten-free Vanilla Wafers Recipe from gfJules
- Gluten-free Cranberry Bliss Oatmeal Cookies Recipe from Making It Milk Free
- Gluten-free Strawberry Thumbprints Recipe from Learning to Eat Allergy-Free
- Gluten-free Holiday Sandwich Cookie Assortment Recipes from Go Dairy Free
- Gluten-free Cranberry Lime Cornmeal Cookies Recipe from Cafe Johnsonia
- Gluten-free Caramel Hot Chocolate Cookies Recipe from Faithfully Gluten Free
- Gluten-free No Bake S’mores Cookies Recipe from My Gluten-free Kitchen
- Gluten-free Dairy-free Sugar Cookies Recipe from Allergy Free Alaska
- Gluten-free Pfeffernusse Recipe from Fearless Dining
- Gluten-free Dark Chocolate Peppermint Cookies Recipe from Maebells
- Gluten-free Flourless Chocolate Pecan Cookies Recipe from Around My Family Table
- Gluten-free Chocolate Gingerbread Bars Recipe from Gluten-Free Palate
- Gluten-free Snickerdoodles Recipe from Gluten-Free Homemaker
- Gluten-free Christmas Wreath Cookies Recipe from Gluten-free Frenzy
Never worry about dinner again....
Subscribe to get my 5 favorite Quick & Easy dinner recipes and FREE weekly meal plans