This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
Am I the only one that looks forward to Christmas because it’s acceptable to eat a cheese ball with crackers?
Come on….I know I’m not the only one!
Well, I had this beautiful goat cheese sitting in the fridge and half a bag of cherries, leftover from my Mixed Berry Crisp the other day AND I needed a dish to take to a potluck.
Hubbyman wasn’t too sure of my idea, but I made it anyway and took it to the party. Ya know what….it works. It’s a great twist on the traditional holiday cheese ball.
A little tangy from the goat cheese, tartness from the cherries, and sweetness from the blueberry honey. Oh yes, that’s my new love….blueberry honey. Did I forget to mention that?!?!? Let me just tell you….it rocks my world! Here in the dessert we mostly just have orange blossom honey, so when I was able to taste several different honeys from the honey council recently, I was shocked at the differences. And that blueberry honey is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!
Yes, any honey will be fine in this recipe, but if you ever get a chance to buy a bottle or try some….DO IT! It was so good!
- 6 oz goat cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup pitted cherries, minced
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey, plus more for drizzling
- crackers bread, apples, pears, for dipping
- Combine goat cheese, cherries, and honey in a medium bowl. Spray hands with nonstick cooking spray and roll cheese into a ball, it will be very sticky.
- Place pecans in a shallow bowl and then roll the cheese ball in the pecans, gently pressing the nuts into the cheese to coat. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for several hours to blend flavors and allow the cheese to firm up.
- When ready to serve, remove plastic, place on serving board, and drizzle with additional honey. Serve with crackers or crusty bread, and thin apple or pear slices
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 287 Total Fat: 26g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 19g Cholesterol: 13mg Sodium: 130mg Carbohydrates: 10g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 7g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 8g
Join the Club!
Get delicious recipes delivered straight to your inbox each week! Plus learn how to take back suppertime in your home.
And get started with my NEW Take Back Suppertime 5-Day Jump Start Guide.