This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
Fall is in the air and pumpkin is on my mind. These Halloween Pumpkin Cookies are full of pumpkin goodness and whip up quickly with the help of a cake mix.
Halloween Pumpkin Cookies
I swear once mid-September rolls around my family and friends all start talking about everything pumpkin. To create more of a Halloween-inspired pumpkin cookie, but keeping it non-scary, I opted for chocolate. Chocolate is always my go-to for all things delicious! Dipping half of the pumpkin cookie in chocolate does the trick…it’s get a little spooky makeover that tastes frickin’ amazing!
Easy Pumpkin Cookies with Yellow Cake Mix
These easy Pumpkin Cookies with yellow cake mix are so fast to throw together. You can use a traditional box mix or even a gluten free mix. Both work great. I used a gluten free mix and made sure to pick a dairy free chocolate chip to keep it within my dietary needs. I love flexible recipes, don’t you?
No one evens realizes that they are gluten and dairy free when I make them that way…they really taste just like regular cake mix cookies.
These pumpkin cookies are the perfect halloween cake mix cookies. They have the fall pumpkin flavor and get a fun half dip into a big bowl of chocolate.
I made them for a school halloween fundraising festival and they were devoured. They were all gone in under an hour. Everyone was begging for the recipe so I figured y’all would want it too.
- 1 box yellow cake mix (traditional or gluten free)
- 1 15oz can pureed pumpkin**
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1-2 tbls shortening
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray rimmed cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl add cake mix, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin pie spice. Mix well with a spoon until well combined. Using a #40 cookie scoop (or 1 1/2 tbls), scoop out cookie dough and drop on pan an inch apart. Dip the bottom of a glass into water and gently press the cookie scoops flat.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave safe bowl combine chocolate chips and shortening. Heat on high for 1 minutes. Stir. Then put back in the microwave if needed for 30 second bursts until chocolate is smooth and creamy when stirred.
- Dip half of pumpkin cookie into melted chocolate and place on wax paper to cool and dry. Store in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days.
- **If you use a gluten free mix, you will only need about 3/4 of the pumpkin. No need to really measure...just eyeball it.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 163Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gSodium: 162mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 2gSugar: 18gProtein: 2g
Never worry about dinner again....
Subscribe to get my 5 favorite Quick & Easy dinner recipes and FREE weekly meal plans