This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
Easy entertaining calls for an easy appetizer like these healthy Individual Layered Dips. They are very versatile and the hit of every party!
No need to worry about those pesky double dipping friends that come over to your house! Make these delicious and healthy individual layered dips for your next party!
These individual dips are gluten and dairy free (well..technically vegan, but I don’t want to scare you away). I used a sour cream substitute to keep them dairy free for me; however, if you aren’t dairy free just use low fat sour cream. I know you are wondering where all the cheese at in this dip, but to reduce the calories and make it more figure friendly I left it out. Now you are wondering if it will be any good…I promise it will be totally creamy and satisfying without all the added fat and calories from the cheese.
I bought my individual bowls at the dollar store, but I really like these too!
Or make a full size version…isn’t it beautiful! I just love this so much that I make it for lunch some days and eat it with fresh vegetables and chips.
- shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 can refried black beans (low fat or nonfat variety)
- 1/3 cup sour cream (or Tofutti sour supreme)
- 1 packet taco seasoning (or make your own)
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 small can sliced black olives
- 1 avocado, finely diced
- 2 green onions, finely diced (whites and greens)
- 1 handful cilantro, roughly chopped
- individual serving bowls/cups
- In a microwave safe dish, combine beans, sour cream, and taco seasoning and heat on high for 1 1/2 - 2 minutes or until warm and creamy. Stir well to combine.
- In individual serving dishes, fill about 3/4 full with shredded iceberg lettuce (I used a pie dish for my dip). Top with bean mixture, making sure to cover all the lettuce and spreading to cover the entire dish. Top with remaining ingredients sprinkled evenly over the top. Finish each cup with a little dollop of sour cream. Serve with chips and fresh veggies.