This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
Oh yes, my obsession with rice krispies treats continues! I love rice krispies treats and I love coming up with fun twists on this classic treat. It’s so much fun to experiment and then eat these experiments. The kids really loved these Lemonade Rice Krispies Treats too.
Without the fresh lemon zest you can’t even tell that these are lemonade flavored. The color is exactly same as traditional treats, so adding the zest adds some color and even more flavor. Unfortunately, these treats don’t use fresh lemon juice…it just didn’t work right. What did work was using a lemonade powder…it gave the treats the perfect lemon flavor without being too tart.
I love that my store carries the gluten free rice krispies, so I can eat them too It’s an easy swap to make and really doesn’t change the taste at all. Of course, I also use a dairy free “butter”, but the best thing about rice krispies treats are that they are super easy and can be made with substitutions without changing the end product.
These lemonade rice krispies treats are scrumptious! The pan was devoured all in the same day. This is one of my favorite flavors that I’ve made so far..with the exception of the fruity pebble rice krispies treats.
Join me on my quest as I discover the most delicious rice krispies treat recipe on the planet!
- 4 tbsp butter (or Earth Balance butter)
- 10 oz mini marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies (traditional or gluten free)
- 1/4 cup lemonade powder (such as country time lemonade drink mix)
- Heat butter in a sauce pan over medium heat until melted. Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Stir in lemonade powder. Remove from heat and stir in Rice Krispies.
- Make sure your hands are clean and greased well to avoid sticking. Gently press your treats into a rimmed baking sheet. Top with fresh lemon zest.
- ©Around My Family Table
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 147Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 100mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 0gSugar: 16gProtein: 1g
Never worry about dinner again....
Subscribe to get my 5 favorite Quick & Easy dinner recipes and FREE weekly meal plans