These Lime Crinkle Cookies whip up quickly with the help of a boxed cake mix!
These vibrant lime crinkle cookies are packed with zesty lime flavor, yet remain sweet and delicate. I love the brightness of lime and enjoy making citrusy desserts, especially here where the weather is warm. Sometimes you just need that clean limey tang at the end of a meal. Thanks to quick help from (shh!) boxed cake mix they are also a breeze to make. Bake up a batch for your family and they will pucker up for a sugar-coated thank you!
These cookies are a snap to modify to be totally allergy friendly. A quick swap to your favorite gluten-free box mix does the trick!
Lime Crinkle Cookies
- 1 15oz box yellow/vanilla cake mix (gluten free, if desired)
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice (about 2-3 large limes)
- 1-2 tbls fresh lime zest
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry cake mix, lime juice, lime zest, and oil. Dough will be a little crumbly, but should hold it's shape when gently squeezed together.
- Place powdered sugar in a bowl. Scoop out dough by large tablespoon full and lightly roll into a ball and then roll in the powdered sugar to coat. Place on baking sheet and then bake for 10-15 minutes or just until set. Cookies should be browned.
- Let cool 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack to finish cooling. Sprinkle with additional powdered sugar and lime zest, if desired.
Join the Club!
Get delicious recipes delivered straight to your inbox each week! Plus learn how to take back suppertime in your home.
And get started with my NEW Take Back Suppertime 5-Day Jump Start Guide.