This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
These Lime Crinkle Cookies whip up quickly with the help of a boxed cake mix!
These vibrant lime crinkle cookies are packed with zesty lime flavor, yet remain sweet and delicate. I love the brightness of lime and enjoy making citrusy desserts, especially here where the weather is warm. Sometimes you just need that clean limey tang at the end of a meal. Thanks to quick help from (shh!) boxed cake mix they are also a breeze to make. Bake up a batch for your family and they will pucker up for a sugar-coated thank you!
These cookies are a snap to modify to be totally allergy friendly. A quick swap to your favorite gluten-free box mix does the trick!
Lime Crinkle Cookies
lime crinkle cookies...they whip up quickly with the help of a boxed cake mix. These cake mix cookies are light and delicious!
- 1 15oz box yellow/vanilla cake mix (gluten free, if desired)
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice (about 2-3 large limes)
- 1-2 tbls fresh lime zest
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry cake mix, lime juice, lime zest, and oil. Dough will be a little crumbly, but should hold it's shape when gently squeezed together.
- Place powdered sugar in a bowl. Scoop out dough by large tablespoon full and lightly roll into a ball and then roll in the powdered sugar to coat. Place on baking sheet and then bake for 10-15 minutes or just until set. Cookies should be browned.
- Let cool 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack to finish cooling. Sprinkle with additional powdered sugar and lime zest, if desired.
Know you have to make money. However, won’t return to your blog because way too many ads get in the way of reading what your write, including recipes. Will make the lime crinkle cookies.
Wendy O'Neal says
If I forget the ads Nancy, then how do I pay for the groceries and the fees to put the recipe on the internet? Hope you liked the cookies. w-
Yum! I can’t wait to make these for my hubby. He loves anything with lime.
Faye Gates says
I will try this recipe this weekend. They really look like acool summer time cookie.
Heart of a Philanthropist Blogger Kim says
These look delish. I love lime.
tiffany dayton says
I love lime and lemon. This is such a good cookie recipe.
Tamra Phelps says
I love the taste of lime (or lemon) in a dessert, so these look great. I’m a big fan of shortcuts like using a cake mix & adding to it, lol!
YOu come up with the best idea, thank you so much for sharing!
Anything with a zesty taste, I love!
I’m going to try this recipe this weekend.
Keep up the good work, I love your website.