This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
This Muddy Buddy Popcorn might even be better than the original and who doesn’t love Muddy Buddies?! You know…that delicious combination of creamy peanut butter and melty chocolate drizzled all over Chex cereal, then coated with a nice helping of powdered sugar.
Be sure to sign up for my email list….seasonal recipes in your inbox every week!
Muddy Buddy Popcorn
October is National Popcorn Month, not National Cereal Month…so obviously we have to coat some popcorn in peanut butter, chocolate and powdered sugar!
Pop 1/2 cup of popcorn kernels in 3 tbsp of oil. I use coconut oil cause it’s so much lighter tasting and better for you.
In a separate bowl combine some chocolate chips and peanut butter. Microwave for a minute then stir until smooth. Add a little vanilla and stir that in too.
Drizzle the chocolate mixture over the popcorn and gently stir to coat evenly.
Place a third of the popcorn in a gallon zip-close bag and add 1 cup of powdered sugar. Zip it closed and shake to coat the popcorn with the powdered sugar. Spread the coated popcorn out on some wax paper to cool, then repeat the process for the remaining popcorn.
This is some really addictive stuff right here.
Before you know it, your fingers and face will be coated in powdered sugar from the uncontrollable urge to stuff your face with this chocolaty goodness. And if you love Muddy Buddies…you have to try these Nutella Buddies. OMG!
I sure hope you guys like this so much that you’ll come say hi to me over at my blog, I Wash You Dry! I love to create recipes just as fun as this one that are simple to make and easy to clean up. So come on over! 🙂
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels *
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup chocolate chips (dark chocolate or vegan chips)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Place oil and popcorn kernels in the bottom of a heavy bottomed pan and turn the heat to medium-high. Cover with a lid, but leave it open slightly to allow steam to escape. Once the popping of the kernels has stopped remove pan from heat and pour popcorn into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine the chocolate chips and peanut butter. Microwave for 1 minute, remove from microwave and stir. Microwave an additional 20 seconds and stir again. Keep doing this until the chocolate and peanut butter are smooth and creamy. Stir in the vanilla.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the popcorn and stir gently to coat.
- Pour 1/3 of the popcorn into a gallon sized zip top bag and pour in 1 cup of the powdered sugar. Shake gently to coat all the popcorn. Pour onto a sheet of wax paper to cool. Repeat with the remaining popcorn and powdered sugar.
- Store in a covered container for up to a week.
1/2 cup of popcorn kernels equals approximately 14 cups popped popcorn.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 14 Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 234Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 48mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 1gSugar: 30gProtein: 3g
Join the Club!
Get delicious recipes delivered straight to your inbox each week! Plus learn how to take back suppertime in your home.
And get started with my NEW Take Back Suppertime 5-Day Jump Start Guide.