This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
Easy and Healthy….these No-Bake Almond Protein Bites are perfect for lunches, after school, or a snack on the go.
My baby’s first day of kindergarten was this week, so I’m a bit sad and bit excited. What am I going to do with all my free time? Okay, Okay…I’m not going to really have free time, my to-do list is a hundred miles long and I keep finding more to add to it. Since, it’s school time again I started thinking of creative and easy after school snacks for the kids.
Having a few good ideas in my recipe box keeps the kids guessing about what I’m going to serve up for snack time. Don’t freak out…we don’t have fancy after school snacks every day. Usually it’s just some fruit and on rare occasions we will grab some frozen yogurt.
These no-bake almond protein bites are perfect for after school, but would also work for a quick breakfast too. They are gluten free (since I used GF puffed rice cereal, but use whatever type you need) and they are naturally dairy free and vegan too. They are filled with healthy almond butter, oats, and more.
After school snacks need to be ready quickly and with little effort other wise it’s just not worth my time. I think you will love these bites, but you have to check out all these other easy after school snacks from the ladies in the #12bloggers group. I can’t decide which to make first.
- Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus from Stephie Cooks
- Pizza & Buffalo Wing Bites from BetsyLife
- Peanut Butter and Banana Yogurt Pops from Home Cooking Memories
- Pita Nachos from A Little Claireification
- Lemon Blueberry Zucchini Muffins from The Rebel Chick
- Easy Cinnamon Fruit Cup from Million Moments
- Loaded Pizza Pinwheels from A Night Owl Blog
- How to Pop Popcorn in a Brown Paper Bag in the Microwave from Bless This Mess Please
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Coconut Bites from Mom Endeavors
- Green Smoothie from See Vanessa Craft
- No-Bake Almond Protein Bites from Around My Family Table
- Banana Roll Ups from Plugged In Family
- 1 cup almond butter
- 3/4 cup quick oats, uncooked
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup brown rice cereal
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Scoop out about 1 tablespoon of mixture and roll into a ball.
- Place on wax paper. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours to let the balls firm up.
- Store for a week in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 2 protein bites
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 263Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 26mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 4gSugar: 8gProtein: 8g
Never worry about dinner again....
Subscribe to get my 5 favorite Quick & Easy dinner recipes and FREE weekly meal plans