This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
I love the flavors of the holiday season..pecans, fudge, chocolate & peppermint, but I think the orange & cranberry flavor is highly overlooked. Last year I was only a little slightly obsessed with chocolate and peppermint…I think I did a bazillion recipes with them. This year, I moved away from my favorite flavor combo and went with orange cranberry. Let me just say, it was the best move EVER! These orange cranberry sugar cookies were scrumptious and I haven’t stopped dreaming about them.
I’m super excited to be participating in the Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap this year. They are partnering with COOKIES FOR KIDS’ CANCER again, a national non-profit organization committed to funding new therapies used in the fight against pediatric cancer. I love that all this fun cookie swappin’ has a bigger purpose.
I can’t tell how exciting it was to swap packages of cookies with people and that I was able to actually eat the cookies that arrived on my doorstep. They were all delicious and a hit with the family.
- 2 cups gluten free flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup soy butter
- 1 egg (or 1 tbsp flax meal + 3 tbsp water)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 tbsp orange zest
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
To make orange sugar:
- Combine sugar and orange zest in a small bowl. Set aside.
To make cookies:
- Cream together sugar, baking sticks (butter), and egg replacer until well combined with a stand or handheld mixer. Add in remaining ingredients, except cranberries, and beat well. Gently fold in cranberries.
- Using a size 40 (1 1/2 T) cookies scoop, scoop out dough and shape into balls. Roll each cookie dough ball in the orange sugar until well coated. Place on prepared baking sheet a couple inches apart. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until set and lightly golden.
- Let cookies cool on baking sheet for about 5 minutes before moving to cooling rack so that they don't fall apart.
- ©Around My Family Table
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 144 Total Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 8mg Sodium: 72mg Carbohydrates: 24g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 15g Protein: 3g
I was blessed to receive three beautiful packages of gluten free, vegan cookies in the swap. Go check out their wonderful recipes.
R: Chelsy from Mangia sent a beautiful box full of Iced Vanilla Almond Butter Cookies. I’m just amazed me that they were gluten free and vegan.
C: Alyssa from Queen of Quinoa sent the most scrumptious Chocolate Peppermint Macaroons (gluten free/vegan of course).
L: Jacqueline from The Dusty Baker sent two amazing cookies, including these Dark Chocolate Lace Cookies. They were gluten free and vegan too.
For even more yummy cookies follow the hashtag #fbcookieswap!
Join the Club!
Get delicious recipes delivered straight to your inbox each week! Plus learn how to take back suppertime in your home.
And get started with my NEW Take Back Suppertime 5-Day Jump Start Guide.