This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
I love the flavors of the holiday season..pecans, fudge, chocolate & peppermint, but I think the orange & cranberry flavor is highly overlooked. Last year I was only a little slightly obsessed with chocolate and peppermint…I think I did a bazillion recipes with them. This year, I moved away from my favorite flavor combo and went with orange cranberry. Let me just say, it was the best move EVER! These orange cranberry sugar cookies were scrumptious and I haven’t stopped dreaming about them.
I’m super excited to be participating in the Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap this year. They are partnering with COOKIES FOR KIDS’ CANCER again, a national non-profit organization committed to funding new therapies used in the fight against pediatric cancer. I love that all this fun cookie swappin’ has a bigger purpose.
I can’t tell how exciting it was to swap packages of cookies with people and that I was able to actually eat the cookies that arrived on my doorstep. They were all delicious and a hit with the family.
- 2 cups gluten free flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup soy butter
- 1 egg (or 1 tbsp flax meal + 3 tbsp water)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 tbsp orange zest
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
To make orange sugar:
- Combine sugar and orange zest in a small bowl. Set aside.
To make cookies:
- Cream together sugar, baking sticks (butter), and egg replacer until well combined with a stand or handheld mixer. Add in remaining ingredients, except cranberries, and beat well. Gently fold in cranberries.
- Using a size 40 (1 1/2 T) cookies scoop, scoop out dough and shape into balls. Roll each cookie dough ball in the orange sugar until well coated. Place on prepared baking sheet a couple inches apart. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until set and lightly golden.
- Let cookies cool on baking sheet for about 5 minutes before moving to cooling rack so that they don't fall apart.
- ©Around My Family Table
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 144Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 72mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 3g
I was blessed to receive three beautiful packages of gluten free, vegan cookies in the swap. Go check out their wonderful recipes.
R: Chelsy from Mangia sent a beautiful box full of Iced Vanilla Almond Butter Cookies. I’m just amazed me that they were gluten free and vegan.
C: Alyssa from Queen of Quinoa sent the most scrumptious Chocolate Peppermint Macaroons (gluten free/vegan of course).
L: Jacqueline from The Dusty Baker sent two amazing cookies, including these Dark Chocolate Lace Cookies. They were gluten free and vegan too.
For even more yummy cookies follow the hashtag #fbcookieswap!
Never worry about dinner again....
Subscribe to get my 5 favorite Quick & Easy dinner recipes and FREE weekly meal plans