Happy December everyone! It’s Julie from White Lights on Wednesday and today I’m sharing a quick and easy tilapia dinner that the whole family will love. I served my tilapia up with a Caesar salad and Milanese Risotto.
A few months ago I got a killer deal on tilapia at the store. I’m talking buy 4 pounds get them at $2.25/lb – so I get all four pounds. Even since I’ve been hunting for ways to use this fish. I have fish & chips on the list, but I wanted some other options too. I found this recipe from MaMa’s Supper Club and had to try it. Even my mom, who’s not the biggest tilapia fan, liked this recipe. Which makes it a winner in my book.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes Makes 4 servings
From MaMa’s Supper Club
4 tilapia filets
Juice from 1 lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
1/4 teaspoon Old Bay
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
2 dashes Frank’s hot sauce (or your favorite hot sauce)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9″ x 13″ baking dish with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- Rinse filets, and pat dry with paper towels. Lay the tilapia filets in a single layer in the prepared baking dish.
- Squeeze lemon juice over fish, being careful not to let any seeds get into your pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine Parmesan, butter, mayonnaise, chives, Old Bay, salt, pepper, and basil until smooth.
- Bake fish for 15 minutes, until opaque and just starting to flake. Carefully remove baking dish from oven. Spread 1/4 butter mixture over each of the tilapia filets.
- Bake for another 5 minutes, until butter mixture melts and coats fish.
Join the Club!
Get delicious recipes delivered straight to your inbox each week! Plus learn how to take back suppertime in your home.
And get started with my NEW Take Back Suppertime 5-Day Jump Start Guide.