This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
My Pecan Cream Crisps are similar to a cream puff, but instead of soft like donuts they are hollow crispy thin cookies filled with whipped cream. And let me tell you…they are to-die-for!
Put down the cream puffs and soft chewy cookies and meet my new favorite crispy cookie. It bakes up hollow and so the options are endless with filling it….personally I love a simple squirt or two of whipped cream (I use a dairy free version, but any whipped cream works great).
If you are a pecan lover, like I am, then you are gonna love all that delicious pecan goodness!
- 18 oz unsalted pecan pieces
- 4 cups powdered sugar (plus more for kneading)
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 2 tsps vanilla
- 1 tbls corn syrup
- 3 egg whites
- sweetened whipped cream (I use a vegan brand, but any will work)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place the pecan in a food processor and process in short bursts until it’s finely ground (just be careful not to turn it into pecan butter by processing too much). Add the remaining ingredients and continuing pulsing until everything comes together.
- Dust counter with powdered sugar, turn out cookie dough, and knead for about 2 minutes or until smooth. Additional powdered sugar may be needed if it’s too sticky and not coming together. (I almost always work in an additional 1/2 cup of powdered sugar or so.)
- Pinch off small pieces (about the size of a whole pecan in the shell) and roll them into balls. Place dough balls onto lined baking pans (or pans that have been sprayed with non-stick cookie spray). Gently flatten each cookie slightly.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool on baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Once the cookies have cooled, use the tip of a sharp knife to gently separate the cookies in the middle. Add a dollop or squirt of your favorite sweetened whipped cream to the bottom of the cookie and replace the top of the gently (don't squish out all the whipped cream).
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 225 Total Fat: 15g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 13g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 48mg Carbohydrates: 22g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 20g Protein: 2g
Join the Club!
Get delicious recipes delivered straight to your inbox each week! Plus learn how to take back suppertime in your home.
And get started with my NEW Take Back Suppertime 5-Day Jump Start Guide.