This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
Using several varieties of colorful cauliflower makes this Roasted Cauliflower perfect for kids, Easter, and anytime you need a beautiful side dish.
I was inspired recently by all the beautiful colors of cauliflower at the store. I think I bought one of every variety. They all taste the same, but all the colors in the serving bowl made me happy and really made the kids excited to eat some.
I just used my go-to roasted cauliflower recipe for this, but I switched up the varieties. Since I had so much cauliflower, I chopped it up with the other vegetable and put it in gallon baggies (in the amounts that my family will eat at supper) and placed in the fridge for later in the week. I made it several times in one week and no one complained. Now, that’s a good side dish!
- 1 head cauliflower (or use the equivalent of 1 head while using several varieties)
- 1 medium onion
- 6-8 cloves of garlic (not peeled)
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary (or 1 tsp dried)
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme (or 1 tsp dried)
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Wash and chop cauliflower into bite sized pieces. Place on large rimmed baking sheet. Slice onion into thin strips and add to the pan. Add unpeeled garlic (yes, unpeeled....this way the garlic will roast in the peel creating an amazing flavor...you will peel the after cooking). Add herbs and sprinkle with salt. Drizzle with olive oil until lightly coated. Toss well and then spread in an even single later.
- Bake at 425 for about 20 minutes or until tender and slightly browned.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 85Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 179mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 5gSugar: 4gProtein: 3g