This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
Disclosure: I made a delicious recipe using SPLENDA® Sweetener Products as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars #SplendaSweeties #SweetSwaps
A warm Rustic Pear Tart for dessert tonight is all you need for a happy family!
When I say rustic…I mean rustic. This is a super simple and free form pear pie essentially with just a handful of ingredients. I’ve made this pear tart many times and it really is perfect for fall baking and a hit at every fall party I take it to. I really only make it when I can get fresh pears by the case that are ripe and perfectly sweet.
I love working with SPLENDA® Sweetener Products and thought it would be a good idea to take my famous Pear Tart and swap out the brown sugar for SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend. Wouldn’t you know it….no one even noticed my sweet swap! I’d call that a winner!
My pear tart is basically a free form pie without a pan. Just lay the pie dough out on a cookie sheet, pile the pears in the middle and bring the edges up and around the pears. Easy Peasy!
- 1 recipe pie dough or store-bought pie dough from the refrigerator case,
- 3 cups peeled, cored, and sliced pears
- 1/4 cup SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend
- 1/4 cup gluten free flour blend (or AP flour)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 cup melted butter (soy or traditional)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray rimmed cookie sheet with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Roll out pie dough into a circle 9 inch circle and transfer to cookie sheet. Use a little extra flour to keep dough from sticking.
- In a large bowl, combine sliced pears, SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend, flour, cinnamon, and almond extract. Toss gently to combine. Pour out pear mixture into the center of pie dough. Carefully pull up edges of dough around the pears (dough should not entirely cover pears).
- Brush melted butter on the edges of the dough and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 30-40 mins or until tart is lightly golden and pears are tender.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 253 Total Fat: 13g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 15mg Sodium: 163mg Carbohydrates: 34g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 12g Protein: 2g
SPLENDA® Brand | Sweet Swaps | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest
Disclaimer: This post is in part of my ongoing partnership with SPLENDA® Brand.
Join the Club!
Get delicious recipes delivered straight to your inbox each week! Plus learn how to take back suppertime in your home.
And get started with my NEW Take Back Suppertime 5-Day Jump Start Guide.