This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
Around our house, we celebrate summer with kabobs! If we can put it on a skewer then we grill it up. One of my favorites is shrimp and bacon. It’s very versatile and goes with a ton of different marinades. However, over the years we have figured out a couple tricks for these tasty suppers on a stick.
I recently had the change to try some of Lawry’s new marinades and when I opened up the new Santa Fe Chili marinade, I knew it would be PERFECT for my shrimp and bacon skewers. It wasn’t spicy at all, but full of flavor with tons of herbs and spices and a little bit sweet. Honestly, this was the first time we were able to get our kiddos to try shrimp..and they loved it.
I was checking out Lawry’s site and saw that I could make my own Dinnertisement (aka my own commercial). It was fun and took just a minute or two and then the kids made me play it over and over and OVER! Here is mine: AMFT Dinnertisement
Shrimp and Bacon Kabobs
These shrimp and bacon kabobs are the perfect grilling recipe for summer. Quick and easy to make and gluten free, too!
- 12 oz 41-60 shrimp, peeled and deviened
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon, uncooked
- 1/2 bottle Lawry's Santa Fe Chili Marinade (or use your favorite marinade)
- lime wedges
- Place shrimp in a large zip-top baggie (or medium bowl) and cover with marinade. Place in refrigerator and allow to marinade for 30-60 minutes.
- Soak bamboo skewers, while bacon cooks. place 2 paper towels n a microwave safe plate, lay bacon in a single layer on towels, top with two more paper towels. Cook on high heat for 5 minutes. Check bacon. It should still be little uncooked, enough that it can bend and be threaded on the skewers. If it's too raw, then it won't finish cooking on the grill and too done and it won't thread on the skewers. Bacon should look similar to this:
- Remove skewers from water. Place a shrimp on skewer, then add the bacon, another shrimp, weave the bacon around and back onto the skewer. Repeat for about 5 shrimps or until bacon is used up. Repeat for other 5 skewers.
- Lightly oil grill and preheat to medium-high heat. Turn down to medium heat. Place skewers over direct heat and cook. Use fresh marinade to baste the shrimp and bacon while cooking. Shrimp cook fast, only a couple minutes on each side (this is why partially pre-cooking the bacon is so important).
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 skewer
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 310Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 134mgSodium: 1834mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 23g
Susan 30A EATS says
Shrimp and Bacon? This Gulf Coast Girl is making this tomorrow! #yum #cookout
Wendy O'Neal says
It’s so good! Hope you like it.
Janine Thomas says
You make me hungry now and this is what I want to eat now. You make me salivate. I love this food.
Christine Balch says
Wow, so yummy shrimp and bacon kabobs. This is perfect for our family gathering this weekend. Thanks for sharing it.
Eunike Killy says
Yummy… I will have to try it out.
Meghan Finley says
jaimee w says
very fun- I did the mozzerlla chicken http://www.dinnertising.com/Video/Details/1772?cmpid=2012-dinnertising-share-email
Deb Anderson says
That was fun! My family responded to the monster truck theme, so I think that one is a winner. 🙂
My dinnertisement is an action packed adventure featuring the delicious meal of grilled chicken with pico de gallo!
That was fun to make and I love the meals, thanks for the giveaway!
Miranda Ward says
That Bacon looks yummy!
http://www.dinnertising.com/Video/Details/1551?cmpid=2012-dinnertising-share-email That was fun!
Diane Baum says
Don’t know how to do the url thing sorry-How about grilled chicken with season salt , lime Italian lite salad dressing green grapes and dried cranberries
Sarah L says
Sarah L says
forgot description: Salmon with Mango salsa.
Thanks for the contest.
Sara Haaf says
So much fun making these, here is the first one we did with unicorns before we perfected it http://www.dinnertising.com/Video/Details/1343?cmpid=2012-dinnertising-share-email
Kathlean Owens says
Should say “Owens Dinner”
Erica Best says
Take a look. http://www.dinnertising.com/Video/Details/1320?cmpid=2012-dinnertising-share-twitter
Melissa P. says
Annette D says
Wow! Does that look yummy!
Alicia Cox says
I created a dinner time adventure with grilled chicken pizza! This was really fun. Thanks for the chance to win!
Susan Heim says
I created a Dinnertisement for Grilled Mediterranean Chicken using the Dinner Time Adventure theme, which I thought would appeal to my boys! The name on the video is “Heim.”
Terri L says
Wilium Shatner says
My oh my .. This look awesome and i think these will testes awesome too .. i will try some very soon …
shawn @ I Wash...You Dry says
You had me at Shrimp and Bacon! Yum! Those look so tasty!