This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
My Slow Cooker Cheddar Bacon Dip is the perfect after school snack or appetizer for the big game. Heck, I make it on the weekends to go with lunch sometimes…it’s that good!
This post is in partnership with French’s.
Since I work from home, I try to be prepared with homemade snacks for the kids when they get home from school. Sometimes that just cut up fruit, sometimes baked goods, but the kids love when I get really creative and serve something like this Cheddar Bacon Dip.
I throw it together really fast after lunch and it’s hot and ready waiting for them after school. I do plan ahead and cook extra bacon at breakfast when I’m planning on making this dip, just so it’s even easier to throw it together. In a pinch, just throw the bacon in the microwave while you grate the cheese.
Do your kids come home absolutely starving like mine do??? It’s like they haven’t eating all day…I know I fed them breakfast and packed huge lunches which are always gone….crazy! I just don’t want them filling up on junk so close to dinner. So I serve this dip with a selection of chips and veggies. While the chips always go first, the veggies are devoured as well. I mean, any vessel to get the yummy cheesey bacony goodness into their bellies will work!
French’s Classic Yellow Mustard has always been my favorite, I love that it’s 100% natural. In fact, it’s stone ground from #1 Grade Mustard Seeds with nothing artificial, period. No no weird stuff with zero fat, calories or gluten. I use it to top my hot dogs and burgers and to make delicious marinades.
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 - 8 oz container cream cheese
- 1 - 12 oz container sour cream
- 2 tsps French's Yellow Mustard
- 1 1/2 tsps garlic powder
- 7 slices cooked bacon, crumbled (divided)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- pretzels, sourdough bread, chips, carrots, celery for dipping
- Spray a small slow cooker (the small dipper size) with non stick cooking spray.
- Add cheddar, cream cheese, sour cream, mustard, garlic powder, and 5 slices of crumbled bacon.
- Turn on low and stir every 30 minutes to an hour until everything is hot, melted, and combined (about 90 minutes).
- Top with remaining crumbled bacon and green onions.
- Serve hot with chips, pretzels, sourdough bread, carrots, and celery.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 213Total Fat: 19.6gSaturated Fat: 9.6gCholesterol: 49.6mgSodium: 285mgCarbohydrates: 1.8gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 7.7g
Disclaimer: I’m sharing French’s® in my life as part of a sponsored series for Socialstars™” #FrenchsCrowd #FrenchsKetchup
Join the Club!
Get delicious recipes delivered straight to your inbox each week! Plus learn how to take back suppertime in your home.
And get started with my NEW Take Back Suppertime 5-Day Jump Start Guide.