This post is in partnership with French’s.
My Slow Cooker Cheddar Bacon Dip is the perfect after school snack or appetizer for the big game. Heck, I make it on the weekends to go with lunch sometimes…it’s that good!
Since I work from home, I try to be prepared with homemade snacks for the kids when they get home from school. Sometimes that just cut up fruit, sometimes baked goods, but the kids love when I get really creative and serve something like this Cheddar Bacon Dip.
I throw it together really fast after lunch and it’s hot and ready waiting for them after school. I do plan ahead and cook extra bacon at breakfast when I’m planning on making this dip, just so it’s even easier to throw it together. In a pinch, just throw the bacon in the microwave while you grate the cheese.
Do your kids come home absolutely starving like mine do??? It’s like they haven’t eating all day…I know I fed them breakfast and packed huge lunches which are always gone….crazy! I just don’t want them filling up on junk so close to dinner. So I serve this dip with a selection of chips and veggies. While the chips always go first, the veggies are devoured as well. I mean, any vessel to get the yummy cheesey bacony goodness into their bellies will work!
French’s Classic Yellow Mustard has always been my favorite, I love that it’s 100% natural. In fact, it’s stone ground from #1 Grade Mustard Seeds with nothing artificial, period. No no weird stuff with zero fat, calories or gluten. I use it to top my hot dogs and burgers and to make delicious marinades.
Slow Cooker Cheddar Bacon Dip
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 - 8 oz container cream cheese
- 1 - 12 oz container sour cream
- 2 tsps French's Yellow Mustard
- 1 /2tsps garlic powder
- 7 slices cooked bacon, crumbled (divided)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- pretzels, sourdough bread, chips, carrots, celery for dipping
- Spray a small slow cooker (the small dipper size) with non stick cooking spray. Add cheddar, cream cheese, sour cream, mustard, garlic powder, and 5 slices of crumbled bacon. Turn on low and stir every 30 minutes to an hour until everything is hot, melted, and combined. Top with remaining crumbled bacon and green onions.
- Serve hot with chips, pretzels, sourdough bread, carrots, and celery.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 2558kcal Calories from fat 2112|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 235g||362%|
|Saturated Fat 116g||580%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Disclaimer: I’m sharing French’s® in my life as part of a sponsored series for Socialstars™” #FrenchsCrowd #FrenchsKetchup
Join the newsletter
Get Delicious & Seasonal Recipes in your INBOX every week.