The taste of S’Mores wrapped up into a wonderful Rice Krispies Treat is a match made in heaven. No campfire needed for these S’Mores Rice Krispies Treats! Y’all know about my obsession with Rice Krispies Treats, don’t you? Well, I have a similar love of S’More’s so it’s about time that I join my two loves into one glorious dessert. I took these babies to a 4th of July party and I didn’t get to bring any home. Yes, I cried a little…okay a lot, but that just means I will need to make another batch. These treats were super easy to make gluten and dairy free with just a couple swap outs. No one at the party knew they were allergy friendly…except me. Yeah for a dessert that I was able to eat at the party. That’s always a good thing. I just love how pretty these look with that distinctive layer of chocolate in the middle..just like a s’more. Of course the marshmallows are in the rice krispies treat and there is that buttery sweet graham cracker crust on the bottom. I’m drooling on my computer screen just thinking about these again. So, tell me, what’s your favorite way to have S’Mores?
Join me on my quest as I discover the most delicious rice krispies treat recipe on the planet!
S’Mores Rice Krispies Treats
- 1 1/2 cups finely ground graham cracker crumbs (traditional or gluten free)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 6 tbls butter, melted (or Earth Balance butter)
- 4 tbls butter (or Earth Balance butter)
- 10oz (1 bag) mini marshmallows (traditional or vegan)
- 6 cups Rice Krispies (traditional or gluten free)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar, & 6 tbls melted butter until well blended . Press mixture into a 9x9 cake pan. Bake at 375 F for 7 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Heat remaining 4tbls butter in a sauce pan over medium heat until melted. Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat and stir in Rice Krispies.
- Make sure your hands are clean and greased well to avoid sticking. Gently press half of the the treats onto the graham cracker crust. Evenly sprinkle with chocolate chips, then press the remaining treats over the chocolate chips. Let cool and enjoy.
- ©Around My Family Table
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 3885kcal Calories from fat 1427|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 159g||245%|
|Saturated Fat 92g||460%|
|Dietary Fiber 8g||32%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Join the newsletter
Get Delicious & Seasonal Recipes in your INBOX every week.