This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
This recipe is in partnership with Rubbermaid.
Summer is coming fast so this delicious Steak and Feta Salad is going on my summer menu list!
This is my all-time favorite salad! Isn’t it beautiful…I think that is partly what makes it my favorite. It is absolutely perfect for the hot summer nights when you don’t want to turn on the stove. Fire up the grill instead and chop the veggies…you are going to LOVE this.
This is the way I like it, but you can easily substitute your favorites in this salad. Swap the feta for blue cheese. Hate black olives? Add in artichokes. Make it your own…or try it my way.
I love to prep everything I need at the beginning of the week or at least in the morning before the busy evening hours hit. To keep all the veggies perfectly fresh I’ve been using these Rubbermaid® Freshworks™ containers and while I was skeptical at first, I am beyond thrilled with how much longer my produce stays fresh. Seriously, they are amazing! They keep produce fresher up to 80% longer than storing produce in bags from the store. Another bonus…they are dishwasher safe. You know me….it has to be dishwasher safe or I don’t use it!
This salad is also perfect for a spring or summer picnic. Just layer everything in the large container and any liquid will drain away. Then top with dressing and dig in for an easy and delicious picnic.
- 3 lb flank steak
- 1 small bottle fat free Italian dressing (~8oz) divided
- 1 head lettuce, shredded
- 2 tomatoes, cubed
- 1 cucumber, seeded and cubed
- 1 small can sliced black olives
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 small container feta cheese
- croutons or other salad toppings
- Marinate steak in half of the Italian dressing for 6-8 hours in a ziptop baggie. Keep in the fridge while marinating. Cook steak on the grill until it's reached desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, assemble the salad on 4 plates, with the lettuce on bottom. Sprinkle each salad with ¼ container of feta and ¼ remaining dressing.
Disclaimer: I’m sharing #Freshworks in my life as part of a Rubbermaid Freshworks sponsored series for Socialstars™.