This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
When I started supper in the slow cooker the other night I had no idea what I was going to make. All I knew was that we weren’t going to eat out and I had pork spare ribs in the freezer. I figured that as long as I got them going I had all day to figure out what to make with them.
So, 5pm came and went and I still had no idea what to make and was totally uninspired. Then it hit me! Sweet Pork! No time to research a recipe…supper needed to be on the table in 15 minutes. How hard could it really be, right?!?!
Turns out, it was super good and easy. The best part was that the kids freaked out over it. They just kept picking at the meat. I don’t think hubbyman was too thrilled with a salad for super, but he gobbled it up. As for the kids, they ate their’s on a bun.
As for the dressing, I got my inspiration from the concoction I do when we go to Famous Dave’s. I almost always get the BBQ salad and instead of their house dressing, I combine their ranch dressing with my favorite BBQ sauce. YUM!
- 2 lbs pork spare ribs
- salt, pepper, garlic powder
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- salad fixings
- crushed tortilla chips
- Season pork spare ribs with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Place in slow cooker with 1/2 cup water and cook on high for 8 hours.
- Remove ribs from cooker and shred the meat, discarding any fat and bones. Return meat to slow cooker and add brown sugar. Stir well. Taste and adjust salt and pepper as needed. Turn the cooker to low for about 30 minutes.
- Prepare salads (baby greens, tomatoes, cucumber, carrots, etc). Combine BBQ sauce and ranch dressing in a small bowl.
- To serve: Place greens on a plate, sprinkle on additional salad ingredients, crushed tortilla chips, about 3/4 cup shredded pork, and drizzle with dressing.
Join the Club!
Get delicious recipes delivered straight to your inbox each week! Plus learn how to take back suppertime in your home.
And get started with my NEW Take Back Suppertime 5-Day Jump Start Guide.