This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
Buttery toffee with a delicious semi-sweet chocolate and a salty almond topping is what my dreams are made of. This Vegan Toffee Recipe is delicious and not too hard to make either.
I’m totally a sucker for the salty & sweet combo in desserts. It’s satisfies all my cravings in one delicious bite. Almonds are used a lot in desserts and since they are one of my favorite nuts, I knew I had to use them in this delicious toffee. Of course, you can certainly use your favorite (or even your 2nd favorite) nut.
Check out all my toffee recipes for more delicious combos if you want another Easy Toffee Recipe.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) soy-based butter (I used Earth Balance)
- 11/2 cups sugar
- 3 tbls water
- 1 tbls corn syrup
- 1 cup salted almond slivers, roughly chopped
- 1 bag semisweet chocolate chips (vegan, of course)
- Line a 13"x9" jellyroll pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In heavy saucepan, combine butter, sugar, water, and corn syrup. Cook over medium-high heat until you reach the hard-crack stage (300°F...you will need a candy thermometer) stirring constantly and watching carefully (about 15 minutes or so).
- Immediately pour onto prepared pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and let the heat of the butter/sugar mixture melt the chocolate. Spread gently to cover cooling butter/sugar mixture. Sprinkle with nuts, pressing them gently into chocolate. Let stand 2-3 hours or chill 30 minutes. Break into bite-size pieces.
Join the Club!
Get delicious recipes delivered straight to your inbox each week! Plus learn how to take back suppertime in your home.
And get started with my NEW Take Back Suppertime 5-Day Jump Start Guide.