This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
Are your kids like mine? My kids will eat anything if it’s dipped in chocolate. They love pretzels, but they love chocolate even more. So, when I surprised my daughter with this after school snack she was over the moon.
I may have even snapped a picture and sent it to my husband at work. He asked if any would be left when he got home because he thought he would need to sample them to make sure they were okay. I said that he better not work late and I could make no promises as to the status of these treats! It’s fun to harass him at work with pictures of my treats…he gets almost more excited than the kids.
While I was taking the pictures for this post, I turned around and caught this pretzel thief in action! He was punished severely for stealing a pretzel…he got to have an extra one.
These pretzels could not be any easier to make either. And if you don’t use up all your chocolate, pour it into a glass container with a lid. The chocolate will save for a couple weeks and you can use it for other holidays, quick treats, after school snacks, or desserts.
I even had some natural dyed pink sprinkles that my daughter could have. So instead of making just plain white ones for her, I was able to get super festive. She enjoyed the colored sprinkles and I just love seeing her face light up when she can actually enjoy something too!
Looking for more things to dip? Check out my White Chocolate Dipped Strawberries!
- 12 oz white chocolate chips
- 1-2 tbsp shortening
- 3-4 cups pretzels (use whatever size you like)
- 1 cup sprinkles
- Line work area with wax paper. Place white chocolate chips in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for about 45 seconds. Stir and add one tablespoon of shortening. Return to microwave for an addition 15 seconds. Stir. Repeat until chips are melted and smooth.
- Dip one end of each pretzel into the melted chocolate. Cool for 30 seconds to 1 minute then dip into the sprinkles and place on waxed paper. Or lay on wax paper directly after dipping in chocolate and scatter the sprinkles onto the pretzels. Allow to cool completely. Enjoy!
- White candy melts can be used as well, but omit the shortening and follow package directions for melting. However, using real white chocolate chips tastes much better.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 4 pretzels
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 441Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 646mgCarbohydrates: 67gFiber: 2gSugar: 25gProtein: 7g
Never worry about dinner again....
Subscribe to get my 5 favorite Quick & Easy dinner recipes and FREE weekly meal plans