This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
Slow cooker pot roast is a favorite comfort food meal of almost everyone. Whether it’s beef pot roast or made with pork or even venison. One thing is for sure, this pot roast recipe is NOT your mama’s pot roast, because this mouthwatering slow cooker pot roast is made using tri-tip steak. It’s juicy and packed with flavor! If you are new to slow cooking, be sure to check out our slow cooker user’s resource guide for tips, how-to’s, and delicious slow cooker recipes! And see all of my slow cooker recipes here.
I love my husband! He is so supportive of everything that I want to do and totally embraces it. He’s always given his suggestions on what he wants for supper, but ever since I started blogging he discusses cooking and recipes with all sorts of people. I think he is secretly trying to get more great ideas for me to make and write about.
John has talked to our local barista about her “famous hamburgers” (which we will be trying soon), his co-workers, the dentist…seriously he talks food more than I do. So, when he came home talking about this recipe from a co-worker, we ran out the following weekend to get the tri-tip to make it. I wasn’t expecting it to turn out like a pot roast, but it does and it is to-die-for! Tri-tip is a great cut of meat and very flavorful…so this “pot roast” has a great steak, beefy flavor and less of the traditional roast flavor you typically get from a slow cooker pot roast recipe. Of course, all the wonderful spices add to it as well.
Slow Cooker Pot Roast Recipe
- 1 1/2 lbs Tri-Tip steak strips
- 1 cup chicken stock (or up to 1 1/2 cups)
- 8-10 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsps steak seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 2-3 large russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and cut into quarters
- Place the first 6 ingredients in a slow cooker. Cook on high for 6 hours. Add potatoes and onion to slow cooker and continue cooking for 2 more hours. Remove meat from slow cooker and shredded. Serve with cooked onions and potatoes.
- You can make a pan sauce by using the cooking liquid (fat strained out) and adding 1 tsp cornstarch to 1/4 cup water (well combined). Heat over medium-high heat until it begins to thicken. However, the meat was so tender and juicy that it didn't need it.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 416Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 95mgSodium: 189mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 35g
For more delicious slow cooker recipes, click the photo below. It will take you to my slow cooker user’s resource guide that is packed with crock pot recipes!
Never worry about dinner again....
Subscribe to get my 5 favorite Quick & Easy dinner recipes and FREE weekly meal plans