This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
10 can chili is my favorite chili recipe for the slow cooker! There’s no need to spend hours standing over a hot stove top to make a delicious pot of chili when you have this 10 can slow cooker chili recipe. Just dump in the ingredients, set the power to low, and GO! Slow cooker recipes don’t get much easier than this! Whether you’re new to slow cooking or you have been slow cooking your meals for years, be sure to check out my slow cooker user’s resource guide for great slow cooking tips and even more delicious slow cooker recipes!
I have been craving chili for the last couple weeks, but it is still about 100 degrees outside. In fact, we are taking our swim suits to play in the water at the zoo today! But last week, we headed up North a few hours and it was in the 60’s, which is perfect chili weather!
I love how easy this 10 can chili recipe is to make, and I almost always have all the ingredients on hand. The recipe, as written, makes a TON. We usually eat most of it in a couple days, but it freezes very well. I love to top slow cooker baked potatoes with it! I hope you like it! And yes, you will need a VERY large slow cooker for this one, or just half the recipe. You can also make it in a pot on the stove if you want to.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2-15oz cans tomato sauce
- 2-15oz cans kidney beans (with liquid)
- 2-15oz cans pinto beans (with liquid)
- 1 medium onion, diced or one handful of dried onion flakes
- 1-2 small cans diced green chilis
- 2-15oz cans diced tomatoes
- 4 teaspoons cumin powder
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups water
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat. Drain off the fat.
- In a large slow cooker or pot on the stove, combine the beef plus all the remaining ingredients, and bring to a simmer over low heat.
- If cooking on the stove top, cook, stirring every 15 minutes, for 2 to 3 hours.
- For the slow cooker, set to low and cook for 8 hours, or set to high and cook for 4 hours.
Connect with Around My Family Table!
Make sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive seasonal recipes once a week or
receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Never worry about dinner again....
Subscribe to get my 5 favorite Quick & Easy dinner recipes and FREE weekly meal plans