This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
Did you know that April is National Pecan Month? What better time to enjoy pecans in a variety of different recipes than now. Pecans are a member of the hickory family and are not only delicious, but good for you as well. A serving of pecans (12 – 15 nuts) is loaded with heart healthy antioxidants. Pecans contain nineteen different vitamins and minerals including vitamin A, vitamin E, folic acid, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, several B vitamins and zinc.
Please welcome Ellen, from Confessions of an Overworked Mom, to the AMFT contributor team. I’m so excited that she will be sharing great round ups every other month with us!
While I enjoy baking with pecans, I haven’t made a lot of other types of recipes using pecans. Pecans can be used in breakfasts, side dishes, main dishes an of course as an ingredient in some truly decadent desserts as well. No matter what your favorite way is to use pecans, National Pecan Month is definitely the time to try a few new recipes. Here are a few recipes to get you started.
- Pecan Pie Bars
- Pecan Milk
- Wild Rice And Winter Squash Salad With Pecans
- Brownie Pecan Tart
- Winter Coconut Cranberry Oatmeal With Pecans
- Pecan Butter Tarts
- Vanilla Nut Granola
- Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars
- Wild Rice Stuffed Squash With Pecans
- No Bake Egg Free Pumpkin Cheesecake With Pralines
- Yummy Chicken Salad With Grapes
- Maple Sweet Potato Ravioli With Toasted Marshmallows & Pecans
- Panna Cotta With Treat Spiced Pecans
- Pumpkin Cheesecake With Glazed Pecan Crust
- Pecan Pancakes With Mixed Berry Compote
- Pecan Crusted Salmon
- Maple Pecan Scones With Maple Glaze
- Frozen Banana Pops With Pecans
- Carrot And Pecan Muffins
- Baked Tilapia With Pecan Rosemary Topping
Join the Club!
Get delicious recipes delivered straight to your inbox each week! Plus learn how to take back suppertime in your home.
And get started with my NEW Take Back Suppertime 5-Day Jump Start Guide.