This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
- 1 9-inch pie crust, homemade crust or store-bought
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup light Karo syrup
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp butter (or dairy-free butter), melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp bourbon
- 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 tbsp cold water
- 2 tsps cornstarch
- 6 oz pecan halves, roughly chopped
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 420F. Roll out pie dough and place in a deep pie pan (a regular pie pan will not hold all of the filling).
- In a large bowl, beat eggs well and then add brown sugar, Karo syrup, butter, vanilla, and bourbon. Add in melted chocolate and mix well. In a small bowl combine water and cornstarch and mix well. Then pour into chocolate mixture and combine.
- Put pecans and bacon crumbles in the bottom of the pie pan. Gently pour chocolate mixture over the top (the pecans will float to the top). Use a spoon to gently arrange the pecans in an even layer.
- Bake pie for 10 minutes at 420F then lower the heat to 300 and continue baking for an additional 30 minutes. Pie may appear soft in the middle but should firm up when cool.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 577 Total Fat: 34g Saturated Fat: 9g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 23g Cholesterol: 89mg Sodium: 363mg Carbohydrates: 63g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 38g Protein: 10g
Disclaimer: This post and recipe are in partnership with Karo Syrup & Fleischmann’s Yeast. I was provided product and was compensated for my time.
Join the Club!
Get delicious recipes delivered straight to your inbox each week! Plus learn how to take back suppertime in your home.
And get started with my NEW Take Back Suppertime 5-Day Jump Start Guide.