This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
My Baked Pasta with Sriracha Cream Sauce and tons of fresh zucchini will leave you totally satisfied and craving more!
Skip the meat during your meal…I promise, with all the sriracha, pasta, and fresh zucchini your family won’t even realize there’s no meat. Since I rarely cook with dairy, I thought it would be fun to partner with Silk to bring y’all this hearty meat free, dairy free supper that your family will devour and beg you for another bowl full!
Making any cream sauce is super easy, it starts with the perfect roux and then the addition of “dairy” (it’s typically cream, but in this case I used unsweetened Silk Soymilk). Honestly, I’ve been making my cream sauces like this for almost 3 years and even my picky kids haven’t’ noticed that I switched products. Once the cream sauce is thickened, it’s almost as simple as adding some of your favorite sriracha and garlic.
I served this a couple nights ago, thinking we’d have some leftovers….NOPE! Every last bite is gone. G-O-N-E. Gone! So, I made a second batch for me to nibble on all week for lunch. Shhh…don’t tell anyone! The smell in the kitchen while this cooks is just divine!
- 1 box gluten free penne (12oz), cooked
- 2 medium zucchini, ends removed and sliced into half inch thick rings
- 4 tbls olive oil, divided
- 4 tbls AP gluten free flour (or traditional flour)
- 2 cups unsweetened soy milk (or regular milk)
- 1 tsp minced garlic (~ 2 cloves)
- 1/4 cup sriracha sauce
- salt & pepper
- cilantro, opt
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- While pasta cooks, in a large, oven-safe, skillet, heat 1 tbls olive oil. Add zucchini slices to hot oil and let gently brown and cook slightly. Only a minute or two per side. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to pan with flour and stir together over medium high heat. Cook flour mixture for 1-2 minutes, stirring often. Add minced garlic and 1/2 tsp salt.
- Lower heat to low and slowly pour in milk while constantly stirring. Keep stirring and work out any lumps that may have formed. Once lumps are gone, turn heat up to medium high and bring to a slow boil. Gravy will begin to thicken and keep stirring for 30 seconds-1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in sriracha sauce. Taste and add additional salt and pepper if needed.
- Stir in cooked zucchini and pasta. Place in preheated oven for 10 minutes to heat through. Enjoy.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 167 Total Fat: 8g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 249mg Carbohydrates: 21g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 3g Protein: 4g
Lookin’ for my delicious weeknight pasta bakes? Check these out…
Baked Pasta with Sriracha Cream Sauce
Chicken Spaghetti Casserole
Chicken Sausage Pasta Bake
Pepperoni Pizza Pasta Bake
Pizza Pierogi Casserole
Baked Spinach Ravioli Skillet
Fiesta Pasta Bake
Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells
Chicken Glorioso Pasta Bake
This conversation is sponsored by Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.
Join the Club!
Get delicious recipes delivered straight to your inbox each week! Plus learn how to take back suppertime in your home.
And get started with my NEW Take Back Suppertime 5-Day Jump Start Guide.