This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Albertsons Companies. The opinions and text are all mine.
Skip the cake and make this cookies and cream Birthday Ice Cream Pie for your next celebration! It’s so easy to put this ice cream pie together, but it does take time to freeze so plan ahead.
Birthday Ice Cream Pie
My daughter has a summer birthday and turning on the oven for a birthday cake when it’s 120° outside makes me cringe. This year, I lucked out and she asked for a frozen dessert for her birthday party. WOOHOO! Not only is this ice cream pie a fun alternative to a cake, I used products to keep it waistline friendly. It is great for any summer occasion, but easy enough for a weeknight dessert.
How To Make an Ice Cream Pie with Cookie Crust
My family loves ice cream! They would have it in some form or another every night if I’d let them.
- To make an ice cream pie with a cookie crust, buy a premade cookie or graham cracker crust (or make your own cookie crust and press into a pie plate). I like to make a chocolate cookie crust for this cookies and cream Birthday Ice Cream Pie (or even a plain vanilla ice cream), but if you use another flavor ice cream a vanilla wafer crust or graham cracker crust would work great.
- Let the ice cream soften a bit and spoon into the crust. Spread gently to fill the pan. Freeze for several hours and top with defrosted fat free whipped topping. Freeze again for a few more hours.
- Top with whipped cream, cookies, sprinkles, and some birthday candles while it thaws just enough to cut it. Then it’s ready to serve!
Using Open Nature® Scandal-less Ice Cream and fat free whipped topping lowers the calorie count on this ice cream pie, so you don’t feel guilty for having a slice.
I love using Open Nature products to create delicious lower calorie treats. They are a guilt-free indulgence and that means my Birthday Ice Cream Pie is too. The Open Nature ice cream has 60-80% less calories than regular ice cream, has 40-50% less fat than regular ice cream, and has between 240 and 370 calories per pint. Plus the ice cream (and other Open Nature products) has no artificial colors, flavors, and clean ingredient label.
This pie was a favorite for my daughter and her friends. It was so simple too…y’all, it could not have been easier to throw this together and make a special treat for her birthday party. Open Nature Scandal-less Ice Cream has so many delicious flavors that we ended up making a couple different ice cream pies like:
- Cookies & Cream Ice Cream Pie (with chocolate cookie crust and chocolate sandwich cookies)
- Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream Pie (with vanilla wafer crust and mini peanut butter cups)
- Sea Salt Caramel Ice Cream Pie (with graham cracker crust and caramel drizzle)
- Chocolate Mocha Chip Ice Cream Pie (with chocolate cookie crust and chocolate sprinkles)
Just make sure to pick up Open Nature products. They are available in Arizona exclusively at Safeway & Albertson stores. Not in Arizona? You can shop for these products at all of the Albertsons Companies family of stores, including Albertsons, Safeway, ACME Markets, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Shaw’s, Star Market, United Supermarkets and Carrs/Safeway.
Save $1.00 with your purchase of participating O Organics and Open Nature ice cream products with the Promo code: ICECREAM
Offer Details: Add 1 participating item to cart from list below and enter Promo Code: ICECREAM at checkout. Limit 1 code per transaction. Order must be delivered by 8/06/19.
- 2 pints Open Nature Scandal-less Cookies & Cream Ice Cream, slightly thawed
- 1 chocolate cookie crust (store bought or homemade
- 1 8 ounce container frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed in refrigerator
- 1 small can whipped cream
- 8 chocolate sandwich cookies
- rainbow sprinkles & candles, optional
- Scoop partially thawed (but not melted) ice cream into prepared cookie crust. Gently smooth ice cream in the pie pan and place in the freezer for 2-3 hours.
- Once frozen, remove pie from freezer and spread thawed whipped topping over the ice cream. Return to freezer for 2-3 more hours.
- Remove from freezer 5-10 minutes before serving and top with whipped cream dollops, chocolate sandwich cookies, sprinkles and candles.
- Heat a knife in hot water, dry with a towel, and cut slices of pie to serve. Heat knife in hot water and dry with towel in between each slice.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 224Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 132mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 4g
Join the Club!
Get delicious recipes delivered straight to your inbox each week! Plus learn how to take back suppertime in your home.
And get started with my NEW Take Back Suppertime 5-Day Jump Start Guide.