This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
These Chicken Avocado Verde Tostados are the bomb!!! Try them with my Tomatillo Salsa…even better!
Living in Southwest, my family has come to love Mexican-style foods. We eat it probably 4 nights a week and just can’t seem to get enough of the flavors. One thing that I have recently started to love is a perfectly ripe avocado..specifically in the form of guacamole! I just can’t get enough.
I knew Wholly Guacamole made guacamole, but had no idea that they made salsa and my absolute favorite…the avocado verde sauce. It’s like green sauce, tomatillo sauce, and guacamole all rolled up into one amazingly scrumptious sauce. Seriouslly….I think I could eat this stuff with a spoon.
Chicken Avocado Verde Tostados
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 package Wholly Guacamole Avocado Verde sauce
- 1/4 head (or 1 package of pre-shredded) purple cabbage, shredded
- salt, pepper, garlic powder
- 12 tostado shells
- refried beans
- Wholly Guacamole and Wholly Salsa
- Cut chicken breasts into bite-sized strips and season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken strips until they are fully cooked and no longer pink (about 10 minutes). Stir often. When chicken is fully cooked, pour the avocado verde sauce on the chicken and lower heat. Let simmer together for 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat refried beans and then smear some on each tostado shell. Top with chicken, cabbage, guacamole, and salsa.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 2 tostados
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 375
Need more quick 15 minute recipe ideas? Check out these other great #15MinuteSuppers!
- Chicken Avocado Verde Tostados by Around My Family Table
- Southwestern Egg Rolls by Home Cooking Memories
- Avocado Verde Chicken Kabobs by Cute as a Fox
- Guacamole Pasta by Jen’s Journey
- Sweet and Spicy Southwest Chicken Salad by Better in Bulk
- Wholly Guacamole Huevos Rancheros by Having Fun Saving
- Spicy Rice Bowl by Just 2 Sisters
- Southwestern Panini by Liz on Call
- Wholly Guacamole Beef Tortas by Emily’s Frugal Tips
- California Waldorf Salad by East Valley Mom Guide
- Perfect Guacamole Cups by Songs Kate Sang
- Guacamole Veggie Wrap by Celebrating Family
- Turkey, Bacon & Guacamole Sandwich by Sunshine and Sippy Cups
- Guacamole Stuffed Chicken by White Lights on Wednesday
- Cajun Turkey Guac Roll-Ups by Moms Living Thrifty
Join the Club!
Get delicious recipes delivered straight to your inbox each week! Plus learn how to take back suppertime in your home.
And get started with my NEW Take Back Suppertime 5-Day Jump Start Guide.