This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
A Texas-sized sandwich is must at any football game. This Chicken Stack Sandwich is, of course, a Houston favorite at football games.
Almost every stadium has a signature dish. Some are crazy like the Churro Dog for the Arizona Diamondbacks (not football, I know), the Pack & Cheese for the Green Bay Packers, Seafood Nachos for the New Orleans Saints, or the Chicken Stack Sandwich for the Houston Texans.
This is my copycat version of the Chicken Stack Sandwich and it is to-die-for!! Let me just say for the record that candied bacon should be on every single burger PERIOD! It is probably the best thing ever, so don’t skip it. No regular bacon won’t work. No maple bacon won’t work. Take the extra 2-3 minutes and make the darn bacon.
- 8 slices thick bacon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tsps garlic powder
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 4 ciabatta rolls
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F and grill to medium high heat. Line a large rimmed cookie sheet with tin foil and set aside.
- On a large plate, place brown sugar and spread across the whole plate. Take one slice of bacon and dip both sides into the brown sugar and then place on the prepared cookie sheet. Continue until all bacon is fully coated in brown sugar. Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes. Watch it closely around the 15 minute mark as the sugar will burn fast if you aren't careful.
- Season each chicken breast with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Grill for about 6 minutes per side, add a slice of cheese to each piece of chicken and let melt for a minute before removing from heat and keep warm under a tin foil tent.
- Meanwhile, prepare the cranberry mayonnaise by mixing the dried cranberries and mayonnaise in a small bowl.
- To assemble the sandwiches, smear the cranberry mayonnaise on the top slice of the roll. Then place the chicken with cheese on the bottom half, 2 slices of bacon, a small handful of arugula, and then replace the top of the roll.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 549Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 1.2gCholesterol: 58.3mgSodium: 891mgCarbohydrates: 57.8gSugar: 3gProtein: 23.8g
Red Sea Party Punch by Celebrating Family
Bird Gang Sonoran Nachos by Love Bakes Good Cakes
GameDay Cheesecake Bars by Body Rebooted
Healthy Dirty Bird Dip by Dash of Herbs
Purple Potato Salad by The Culinary Compass
Chocolate Blackberry Cheesecake Parfait by Mom’s Messy Miracles
Easy Buffalo Chicken Sliders by Beer Girl Cooks
Quick and Easy Baked Buffalo Chicken Sliders by The Life Jolie
Blackened Steak + Blue Cheese Nachos by Feast + West
Easy pimiento cheese crackers by Family Food on the Table
Chicago-Style Deep Dish Breadsticks by Honey & Birch
Italian Beef by Bread Booze Bacon
Welcome to the Jungle Cocktail by Love & Flour
Bengal Striped Bundt Cake by Foodtastic Mom
Polish Boy Potato Skins by A Mind Full Mom
Sweet and Salty Brownies by The Secret Ingredient Is
Cowboy Cookies by The BakerMama
Cowboy Chili by See Aimee Cook
Green Chili Pulled Pork Cheese Fries by Cake ‘n Knife
Blue and Orange Jello Shot Gummies by Sustaining the Powers
Greek Town Loaded Potato Skins by The Mexitalian
Marbled Scotcharoos by Club Narwhal
Beer Cheese Fondue by Off the Eaten Path
Easy Beer Cheese Soup by Hello Little Home
Chicken Stack Sandwich by Around My Family Table
Spicy Pub Mustard by What A Girl Eats
Game Day Cupcakes by Polka Dotted Blue Jay
Brownie Batter Dip by The Crumby Cupcake
Chocolate Coconut Cupcakes by Two Places at Once
Spicy Jalapeno Popper Cheese Dip with Real Cheese by Simplify, Live, Love
Game Day Snack Tray by Coffee Love Travel
Bacon Mac n Cheese Cups by West via Midwest
South Beach Punch by 2 Cookin Mamas
Miami Mahi Mahi Sandwich by foodbyjonister
Swedish Meatball Dip with Tater Tot Dunkers by Peanut Blossom
Fruity Dessert Pizza with Peanut Butter Chocolate Glaze by Bucket List Tummy
New England Rum Punch by Order in the Kitchen
Crawfish Etouffee by The Speckled Palate
Cajun Crawfish and Corn Fritters with Remoulade Dipping Sauce by For the Love of Food
Reuben Sliders with Homemade Russian Dressing by A Dish of Daily Life
Spinach & Artichoke Bites by Lauren’s Kitchen
Herb Pesto Arancini by A Little Gathering
Beluga Lentil Hummus by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Philly Cheesesteak Nachos by And She Cooks
Philly Cheesesteak Cheesecake by Nik Snacks
Game Day Cookie Cups by Me and My Pink Mixer
Primanti Style Sliders by Macheesmo
Pineapple Salsa by Living Well Kitchen
Tex Mex Cream Cheese Wontons with Bacon by Shaws Simple Swaps
Chicken Adobo Fries by Brunch-n-Bites
Game Day Candy Bark by Life’s Ambrosia
Chicken Teriyaki Pizza (aka Seattle SeaChicken TeriHawki Pizza) by Loves Food, Loves to Eat
High Seas Sour Cherry Slush by Lizzy is Dizzy
Buffalo Chicken Deviled Eggs by Casa de Crews
Game Day Sriracha-Honey Nut Mix by An Oregon Cottage
Double-Stuffed Potato Skins by A Simpler Grace
Red Skin Potato Chili Nachos by A Joyfully Mad Kitchen
Note: This post is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by the National Football League (NFL) or any of its teams. All opinions and views expressed on our blogs are our own, not that of the NFL and/or any of its 32 teams. Any team names, logos or other symbols referenced are properties of their respective organizations. We are just big fans — and we want to share our love for our teams, the game and the food that brings us all together on game day.