This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
Chocolate Mint Fudge is a perfectly simple fudge recipe to serve year ’round, but with its lovely mint green topping, it is totally fitting as one of my easy gourmet fudge recipes to serve for a St. Patrick’s Day dessert.
Chocolate Mint Fudge – Perfect Year ‘Round Fudge
Seriously, y’all….what’s not to love about a good ol’ chocolate and mint fudge recipe. Don’t save this easy treat for the winter holidays…break it out all year long. In March, serve it for St. Patrick’s Day. In April, have a contest to see which is better; the overpriced box of Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies or this chocolate mint fudge recipe!
I’ve been working on cleaning out my pantry, and my baking section was so full of odds and ends that I decided I need to use them up or toss them. Since I hate to be wasteful, I whipped up this Chocolate Mint Fudge with some Andes Mint Chips that I had left over from another project.
If you are a fudge lover, like I am, make sure to check out all my other yummy gourmet fudge recipes! There is a perfect fudge recipe for every occasion, from Christmas to the 4th of July, and Halloween to St. Patrick’s Day!
If you like the combination of chocolate and mint, check out these recipes, too:
No Bake Chocolate Peppermint Pie
Thin Mint Cupcakes with Chocolate Mint Frosting
Chocolate Mint Fudge Recipe:
Chocolate Mint Fudge
This Chocolate Mint Fudge is perfect year 'round, but is totally fitting for St. Patrick's Day with that lovely green topper.
- Chocolate Layer:
- 1 (14 oz.) can, sweetened condensed milk
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Mint Layer:
- 1/2 can (7 oz.) can, sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp mint extract
- 2-3 drops green food coloring
- 1/2 cup Andes Creme de Menthe Chocolate Mint Baking Chips
- Line a 9x9" baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the chocolate chips and 1 can of the sweetened condensed milk. Heat on high for 1 minute, stir. Heat in 30 second bursts and stir until the chocolate chips have melted completely. Pour into prepared pan. Let cool completely before continuing (about 30 minutes in the refrigerator will work).
- To make the green layer, add the white chocolate chips and the half a can of sweetened condensed mil in a microwave safe bowl. Heat on high for 1 minute and stir. Heat in 30 second bursts and stir until the chocolate chips have melted completely. Add the mint extract and a few drops of green food coloring, and stir until completely. Pour on the top of the cooled chocolate layer.
- Top the fudge with the chocolate mint baking chips and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before cutting. To make cutting easier, lift the fudge out of the pan by the sides of the foil. Cut into 1" squares.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 95Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 16mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 1g
Nicole Carter says
OMG, where do you get all these yummy recipes? This one looks incredible! Thanks for sharing!