This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
My Easy Keto Chicken and Dumplings uses leftover shredded chicken and a simple drop biscuit recipe for a no fuss supper the whole family will love.
Easy Keto Chicken and Dumplings
A couple months ago my daughter said, “Hey, do you remember that chicken and dumpling supper we used to have? I miss it. Could you try to make it keto-friendly?” Heck yeah! So I began to figure it out. Looking at my recipe, I knew the base of the recipe was totally fine…the trouble comes with the biscuit (aka dumpling).
Then I remembered the keto drop biscuits recipe from Keto Chow that I’ve made using their Savory Chicken Soup. They are so delicious and I had high hopes it would work. And to my surprise, it worked great.
Ingredients needed to make Easy Keto Chicken and Dumplings
- celery seed
- almond flour
- baking powder
- parsley (fresh or dried)
- Savory Chicken Soup Keto Chow
- salt & pepper
How to Make Keto Biscuits for Chicken and Dumplings
Keto biscuits can be tricky, but I use the Keto Drop Biscuit recipe from the Keto Chow website and then doctored it up to get the flavor I want for the chicken and dumplings. Using their Savory Chicken Soup adds a lot of flavor to the dumplings. And of course gives them extra protein and nutrition.
Can you eat Chicken and Dumplings on Keto
Absolutely you can eat chicken and dumplings on keto! It just took a few simple swaps in my regular recipe that we’ve been making for decades to turn it into a new KETO family favorite meal.
Keto Chicken and Dumplings without Xanthan Gum
There is a time and place for using xanthan gum. I’m not a fan of contastanly using it because I like to keep my ingredients simple and the carbs as low as possible. So this recipe doesn’t use any xanthan gum or other thickeners.
March 2023 Keto Chow myChow Surprise Kit Unboxing Video
- 1 cup cooked chicken, shredded (I use leftover shredded rotisserie chicken)
- 3-4 cups water
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 4 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 3 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 3 teaspoons sage, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 servings Savory Chicken Soup Keto Chow (2 individual packages or 2 scoops)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 tablespoons cold salted butter, cubed
- 5 large eggs, whisked with a fork
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley (or 2 tbls fresh)
- Place chicken, water, onion, celery, carrots, celery seed, salt, pepper, and 1 teaspoon sage in a deep pot. Cover and simmer 30-45 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- For dumplings: In a large mixing bowl, combine almond flour, keto chow, 2 teaspoons sage, parsley, and baking powder. Cut in butter using hands or pastry cutter. Add beaten egg whites and mix until a stiff dough forms. It will be lumpy due to the cold butter.
- Drop dough by large tablespoons onto the simmering mixture. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes (do not lift lid).
- Serve immediately.
Don't go too far after adding the dumplings to the pot. If the water completely evaporates it will burn. Usually it's okay, but I have walked away and had it burn.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 355Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 917mgCarbohydrates: 9gNet Carbohydrates: 4gFiber: 5gSugar: 4gProtein: 39g
This nutritional information is an estimate may vary, depending on brand and type of ingredients used. It is not intended to replace the advice of a licensed dietician or physician.
Pin this recipe to your favorite Pinterest board: