This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
This recipe post is sponsored by Farmer John.
Are you a dressing person or a stuffing person? I’ve mentioned before that I’m not a fan of stuffing (I think it gets to soggy), so I prefer dressing. Really the only difference is that stuffing is cooked inside the turkey and dressing is not. For years, my go-to dressing recipe has been an apple sausage dressing that was given to me from a friend, but in the last few years I’ve played around and found some other great new recipes.
This year, I’m especially thankful to be able to try new recipes that are gluten free and dairy free. It’s been a long journey and just over a year since my world turned upside down, but when I’m able to create something as simple as this delicious gluten free one pot spicy chicken sausage dressing (even the spicy chicken sausage is gluten free), all I can do is smile. Well, that and do a happy dance because it turned out to to be absolutely scrumptious!
I think the other reason I did a little dance was because it was so easy to throw together. We all need an easy side dish for the holidays, don’t we?!?! And this dressing is a one pot wonder that you will be so glad you made. (On a side note: you can totally make this with regular bread too.) As long as you have a large pan that is oven safe then you can totally do this in one pot.
This year, I’m thankful for my health and my family. What are you thankful for?
- 3 ribs celery, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 4 spicy chicken sausage links
- 1 tbsp butter or butter substitute
- 12 oz gluten free bread, cubed
- 1/2 tsp ground sage
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2-3 cups chicken broth
- fresh sage for garish (opt)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a large saute pan (that's oven safe), add butter and cook celery and onion over medium high heat until translucent and soft (about 10 minutes). Add in sausage, salt, and sage and stir to combine.
- Add bread cubes and slowly add chicken broth, stirring well to coat all the bread (go slowly as you don't want the bread soggy, just moist). Cover with foil and bake at 375F for 20 minutes. Carefully remove foil, stir, and cook for an additional 20 minutes uncovered. Top with fresh chopped sage, if desired.
©Around My Family Table
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 326Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 1887mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 4gSugar: 9gProtein: 17g
Disclaimer: This recipe is part of my relationship with Farmer John. I was compensated and provided product to create a recipe using Farmer John Spicy Chicken Sausage. All opinions are my own.
Never worry about dinner again....
Subscribe to get my 5 favorite Quick & Easy dinner recipes and FREE weekly meal plans