This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
A big bowl of Green Chile Pork Stew doesn’t need anything else to make it amazing, but I love serving it with chips or with some tortillas and fresh lime wedges.
My newest obsession when I go out to eat is green chile pork! I’ve ordered over a dozen times in the last several months. I just can’t seem to get enough. I figured this I’ve ordered it out so many times that I should probably just make a big batch and eat off of eat for the week. I’m so glad that I did, because this was scrumptious! It’s not like any of the ones I had when we went out, but it was just as good!
I’m so excited to share I’m participating in another year of #12bloggers with an amazing group of ladies. There are some wonderful new bloggers in the group this year and I’m proud to be part of the group. So, on the 12th of each month, we will each sharing a recipe with 12 ingredients or less all around a central theme!
Check out all my past #12bloggers recipes and get links to all the bloggers’ posts from last year too! Here are the delicious Slow Cooker Recipes for this month:
- Crockpot Pork Ramen Soup from BetsyLife
- Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup from Home Cooking Memories
- Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan Soup from Cooking on the Front Burner
- Slow Cooker Chicken & Dumplings from Love Bakes Good Cakes
- Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Chili from Million Moments
- Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup from White Lights on Wednesday
- Crock Pot French Onion Soup from A Night Owl
- Beef Stroganoff Soup from Pink Cake Plate
- Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup from I Love My Disorganized Life
- Crock Pot Chicken Noodle Soup from See Vanessa Craft
- Green Chile Pork Stew from Around My Family Table
- Slow Cooker Beef and Vegetable Soup from Big Bear’s Wife
Green Chile Pork Stew
A big bowl of Green Chile Pork Stew doesn't need anything else to make it amazing, but I love serving it with chips or with some tortillas and fresh lime wedges.
- 2 lbs pork loin, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cans (4 oz each) green chiles
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tbls fresh cilantro, chopped
- opt: tortillas, cheese, limes, pickled onions
- Put everything in the slow cooker (except cilantro) and cook on low for 6-8 hours. An hour before serving check the salt and pepper and adjust if needed and add fresh cilantro.
- Serve with tortillas, lime, pickled onions, and more fresh cilantro or just in a big bowl by itself!
- Note: If the stew is not thick enough prepare 1 tbsp. cornstarch with 1/4 cup water and then add to the slow cooker about 1 hour before serving.
I love anything with a Mexican vibe this looks amazing!!!
Jamie @ Love Bakes Good Cakes says
I’m always looking for new recipes that use my slow cooker – and this Green Chili Pork Stew sounds wonderful! I can’t wait to try it!
Ashley Whipple says
I love ordering green chile when we go out for Mexican food. I will definitely have to give this a try!
Deb@ Cooking on the Front Burner says
Wendy – this is so packed with great flavors – a new recipe for me to try!
Angie | Big Bear's Wife says
Can’t wait to give this one a try! Love finding new and exciting slow cooker recipes!
Betsy Barnes says
I have never had Green Chile Pork Stew, looks good. There is a great variety of soups here, especially excited to try the Beef Stroganoff Soup from Pink Cake Plate 🙂
Gosh this recipe looks so delicious and easy. I bookmarked the page to try some of these in my slow cooker.
We make something similar often but we add hominy and call it posole. So delicious!