This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
Turn leftover baked sweet potatoes into this delicious Herbed Sweet Potato Biscuit Recipe for a delicious side dish.
I love these biscuits! The mild sweet potato flavor pairs so nicely with the fresh rosemary and thyme. They were such an amazing addition to my holiday table and the color of the biscuits is just beautiful!
Plus…I love drop biscuits! If you don’t know what drop biscuits are…they don’t require rolling and cutting. Basically you drop the dough onto the baking sheet. I love huge drop biscuits so I usually drop about 1/4-1/3 cup of dough for each biscuit. They are huge and big and fluffy!
I used Bisquick for this Herbed Sweet Potato Biscuit recipe. I love bisquick! I’ve even made my own regular homemade bisquick mix for when I have time and energy to really cook. I haven’t made a gluten free mix yet, but I’m working on it….so for now, I buy the gluten free bisquick at the store. And even though, I used the gluten free bisquick to make these, you can totally use regular bisquick too! They don’t taste like gluten free biscuits….they taste amazing!!!
Looking for more Sweet Potato Recipes? I’ve got a bunch of Easy Sweet Potato Recipes <—- click for more!
Or learn how to bake restaurant style sweet potatoes!
- 2 cups Bisquick (Gluten Free) * see notes
- 1 baked sweet potato ,peeled
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 2/3 cup milk (cow or unsweetened almond)
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp roughly chopped rosemary
- 1 tsp thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 425F. Spray a rimmed baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mash sweet potato. Add in remaining ingredients and mix well to combine. Don't over mix.
- Drop by large spoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Not Gluten Free? Use regular 2 1/4 cups Bisquick, 2/3 cups milk, and omit the shortening.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 163Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 51mgSodium: 378mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 4g
For more amazing recipes perfect for your holiday meal, check out all the recipes from the #12bloggers group. Don’t they all look and sound amazing?!?!?
- Roasted Kabocha Squash with Balsamic and Feta from Betsylife
- Bacon-Parmesan Spaghetti Squash from Home Cooking Memories
- Balsamic Green Beans with Pancettafrom A Little Claireification
- Roasted Asparagus with Parmesan from The Rebel Chick
- Cheesy Garlic & Herb Pull Apart Bread from Million Moments
- Easy Sweet Potato Casserole from A Night Owl Blog
- Garlic Knots from Bless This Mess Please
- Bacon Cranberry Almond Green Beans from Mom Endeavors
- Twice Baked Potatoes from Pink Cake Plate
- Glazed Sweet Potato Fingerlings from See Vanessa Craft
- Herbed Sweet Potato Biscuit Recipe from Around My Family Table
- Cranberry Sauce with Orange and Pineapple from East Valley Mom Guide
Never worry about dinner again....
Subscribe to get my 5 favorite Quick & Easy dinner recipes and FREE weekly meal plans