Marinated Asparagus is best served cold or at room temperature, so it’s perfect for cookouts, potlucks, and summer! The asparagus is perfectly seasoned with the help of a herbed lemon sauce that is to-die-for!
I’d have to say this is my new favorite way to eat and serve asparagus. It is a little tangy from all that lemon juice, but perfectly seasoned with salt, paprika, onion, and thyme. It really is divine and not what you’d expect.
I took this dish to a summer BBQ and I wasn’t sure what everyone would think or if they’d like it because it’s not your normal asparagus dish. Everyone loved it…some even said it was their favorite at the BBQ. It’s perfect for potlucks though because it’s best served at room temperature and has no dairy so it won’t spoil if it sits out a little bit. That makes it one of the best potluck dishes, doesn’t it!?!?
- 2 bunches asparagus
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 tbls fresh lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 1 tsp minced chives
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves only
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- Wash asparagus and cut off hard ends. Steam for 5-10 minutes until al dente and bright green (do not over cook). Stop cooking by submerging in ice water or running cold water over the asparagus. Set aside to cool or place in the refrigerator if serving later.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients in a medium mason jar with a lid and shake well to combine. Place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Place asparagus on serving platter and pour marinade over the top and toss well to coat and cover. Garnish with more lemons and fresh thyme. Serve room temperature or cold.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 135kcal Calories from fat 123|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 14g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Join the newsletter
Get Delicious & Seasonal Recipes in your INBOX every week.