How To Sign Up:
If you’d like to join the cooking classes challenge, sign up by joining the Cooking 101: The Basics group on Facebook. Over there you can ask questions, post tips and recipe photos, and help each other along the way.
Please Grab a Button:
If you are following along, the please grab a class button. Put it on your sidebar and/or in your recipe posts you link up (just link it to my home page). I’d love for you to share the classes with your family, friends, on Facebook, and on Twitter!
How the Classes and Challenge Work:
Cooking 101: The Basics is a 16 week class on Wednesdays. I will post a new recipe with tips on getting great results along with pictures. It’s like your own personal online cooking school! Take as long as you need, but once you make the recipe (or a similar version) come back and add your link to the post to share with everyone. No blog…no worries…add your pictures to the Facebook group, we’d all love to see them!
Got questions? Email, leave a comment, but the best place will be the facebook group!
Grab your aprons and let’s get cooking!
WEEK #13 – PANCAKES
I love Saturday mornings! I love that Hubbyman loves a big family breakfast on the weekends. But I really love it when Hubbyman surprises me with breakfast in bed! A couple times a year Hubbyman and the kids get up early and surprise me with a wonderful breakfast in bed with pancakes, bacon, and fresh brewed coffee or oj.
I prop up my pillow on my bed, open up the shutters to let the sunlight in, and enjoy a wonderfully made breakfast in peace. It’s a nice change to cuddle up in comfy bed and pillow without having a care in the world (until the breakfast dishes need to be done). I love my new memory foam mattress and pillow from Nature’s Sleep…that I just have to tell everyone about it. I’ve never slept so good in all my life. My body just sinks into the bed and pillow perfectly and when I prop up my pillow for breakfast it provides the best support!
Now that you have the perfect place to have your breakfast, let’s get to the perfect pancake recipe! The photos are of my gluten free, vegan pancakes, but the regular recipe is totally amazing (I started making it years ago when I could have wheat, dairy, & eggs and I still make them for my family).
Cooking 101 Basics Week #13 – Pancakes
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsps vanilla
- 1 tbls honey
- 1 tbls baking powder
- Blend flour and milk in a large bowl until well combined.
- Add eggs, oil, salt, vanilla, and honey. Blend well. Batter, at this step, can store in refrigerator over night.
- Just before cooking, add baking powder. Mix gently until well combined. Pour onto hot griddle and cook on med-high heat for 3-5 minutes per side.
Gluten Free/Vegan Options:
- Substitute wheat flour for my GF (or one the subs cup for cup), use egg replacer, and 2-3 cups milk of choice (I used rice milk), add 2 cups of milk and then a little at a time until a thick batter forms. Batter will be very thick. When scooping onto cooking surface, batter will need to be quickly formed into a flat disc shape. Continue cooking as normal.
- If you are GF, make sure you use a GF baking powder and vanilla extract.
Please welcome the sponsor this week…Nature’s Sleep! They make memory foam mattresses and pillows! I’ve been using a Nature’s Sleep mattress and pillow for months now and I’ve never slept better in my life! Here are some great deals happening this month: Click here to check them out!
Join my Weekly Newsletter
And get my Free Slow Cooker Resource Guide! It's full of recipes with 5 or fewer ingredients plus plenty of slow cooker tips!
Plus, you'll get access to my free EXCLUSIVE downloads & printables for newsletter subscribers.