This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
Praline pecan crunch snack mix is SO good! I love easy snack mixes. They are fun for parties, after school, movie snacking, and midnight munchies. I also love my slow cooker, so creating a snack mix that can be made in a slow cooker (instead of the oven) is a winner in my book.
When I was pregnant with my oldest (she’s gonna be 9 in a couple weeks), I was always so tired at night from working that I didn’t even have the energy to sit on the couch to cuddle and watch a movie in the evening. So we started watching movies at night in bed while we cuddled and had a little pregnancy snack. The tradition continued after I had my daughter..it was easy to hang out in bed at night since she would fall asleep between us while we watched a movie.
We’ve kept it up over the years as my daughter grew, then another pregnancy and another co-sleeping baby. It’s been so easy and we love having a quiet place to watch a movie before bed. One of the best parts is our late night munching. Enter the Praline Pecan Crunch Snack Mix….it is perfect for late night snacking in bed.
It stays together nicely which means no little pieces falling into bed. Plus it’s got that sweet and salty and crunchy combo so it totally hits all Hubbyman’s late night cravings. Alright, mine too! Usually I just crave the sweets and Hubbyman wants the crunchy treats.
I spy a snack thief! The kids love the praline pecan crunch snack mix too, but we didn’t let them have it in bed. LOL! That would have been way too messy.
- 8 cups Rice Chex Cereal (or Corn or a combo)
- 2 cups pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 4 tbsp butter (or soy baking stick like Earth Balance)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Combine cereal and pecans in slow cooker; mix well.
- In saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup, and butter and bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir vanilla and baking soda into sugar mixture. Pour over cereal mixture; stir to coat evenly.
- Cook with low heat for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Transfer to parchment paper in an even layer. Cool completely; break into pieces. Store tightly covered at room temperature.
©Around My Family Table
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 225Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 180mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 2gSugar: 16gProtein: 2g
Speaking of midnight munchies in bed….have you seen my new bed? I just love it and I think you will too. It’s a Nature’s Sleep Memory Foam Mattress and the most amazing mattress I’ve ever slept on. Read all about my experience then enter to win your own mattress. Or just bite the bullet and order the exact one you want from Nature’s Sleep!
Join the Club!
Get delicious recipes delivered straight to your inbox each week! Plus learn how to take back suppertime in your home.
And get started with my NEW Take Back Suppertime 5-Day Jump Start Guide.