This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
There is so much pumpkin flavor in this easy Pumpkin Dump Cake recipe that uses your favorite boxed cake mix.
Pumpkin Pie Dump Cake
I’m not a huge fan of pumpkin pie, but I do love pumpkin. I know, crazy, right?!?! So, I’m always trying to come up with a way to use pumpkin in recipes that don’t include pie, make sure to check out all my easy pumpkin recipes too. And probably one of my favorite pumpkin desserts is this easy Pumpkin Dump Cake recipe.
I’d say this dump cake is sort of like a pumpkin pie in flavor, but yet it’s the texture of cake. I probably could have called it a pumpkin pie dump cake with yellow cake mix. It’s like the two got married and had a baby. Ha!
What is Pumpkin Dump Cake
A pumpkin dump cake is a really simple dessert. It’s usually made with a base of cake mix + canned pumpkin filling. It’s true to its name, you can literally dump the ingredients into a pan, give it a stir, and bake. So easy!!!
Easy Pumpkin Dump Cake
Once September hits, I get excited for all the changes in the stores, nature, recipes, and the weather. I love fall and everything about it. It’s my favorite time of year. I do wish I lived somewhere where I could actually see the leaves change, but I do stalk my friends’ instagram and facebook pictures so I can enjoy those reds, oranges, and browns.
After Labor Day, I break out my canned pumpkin stash and all my fall decorations and get busy. As much as I’ll miss summer berries and produce, I love fall squash and soups and chili. This year, I made this pumpkin dump cake the day after Labor Day and I can’t believe I waited this long to make it. It was a huge hit with the family and there was not a bite left.
This really is such an easy pumpkin dump cake recipe. That’s the beauty of dump cakes, right?!?
Pumpkin Dump Cake Recipe
If you love pumpkin, then you must make this dump cake! It’s absolutely scrumptious. It’s easy to make it gluten free too, just by swapping the cake mix to a gluten free mix. You’ll find instructions for making it gluten free and/or dairy free. I love making recipes that are easily swapped to gluten free/dairy free since that’s what I need and I have friends that need an allergy friendly dessert too. If you don’t need any swaps, just make it with traditional ingredients.
Y’all!!! Add this dessert to your must-make list today! You’re gonna love it!
- 1 small can pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 12 oz can evaporated milk or coconut milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tsps pumpkin pie spice
- 1 box yellow cake mix (or 2 boxes GF Yellow cake mix)
- 1 cup whole pecans
- 3/4 cup melted butter (dairy free or regular)
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a 9×13 baking dish with non stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, evaporated (or canned coconut) milk, eggs, sugar, and pumpkin pie spice. Mix until well blended. Pour pumpkin mixture into prepared baking dish. Evenly sprinkle cake mix over the top of the batter. Sprinkle pecans over the cake mix then pour melted butter over the top.
- Bake for 50 minutes at 350F. Check for doneness by inserting a knife or toothpick, when removed it should come out fairly clean. Allow cake to cool before cutting. Serve warm, room temperature, or cold. Garnish with whipped topping. Keep any leftovers refrigerated.
- Notes: This recipe is delicious with 2 gluten free mixes and dairy free swaps!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 11087Total Fat: 574gSaturated Fat: 310gCholesterol: 1970mgSodium: 8709mgCarbohydrates: 1181gFiber: 49gSugar: 912gProtein: 355g