This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
For some reason, the idea of making Shrimp Scampi has always scared me. I love ordering it when I go out, but making it just terrifies me. One day my sister was talking about how she makes it all the time and it’s super easy and that same day, another food blog I follow posted his recipe for his version. Was the world was telling me something? I think so!
I knew I couldn’t give the kids just a pile of tasty shrimp, so I had to add pasta. Seriously, my kids will eat anything if it’s served with “noodles”.
I actually wasn’t thinking that this shrimp scampi would turn into a post since it was my first time making it, but I kept adding butter and garlic and updating my ingredient list. Turns out, it’s an easy shrimp recipe and everyone loved it. So, I snapped some quick pictures at the end of supper.
If you want to make a gluten-free shrimp scampi recipe, just serve this over rice, or use a brand of gluten-free pasta.
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/8 cup minced garlic
- 1 cup shrimp (I used frozen, precooked, tail off, 100/200 per/lb), thawed*
- 4 servings pasta, cooked (about 1/2 lb dried pasta)
- 1 lemon
- parsley (opt)
- While pasta is cooking, melt butter in a large skillet. After butter is melted, add in garlic and allow it to cook for 30-45 seconds. Add shrimp to pan and allow it to heat up with the butter and garlic. Allow to simmer for 2-3 minutes. Squeeze half a lemon over the pan.
- Drain pasta. Plate one serving of pasta on each plate. Top with shrimp and some of the garlic butter. Serve with fresh parsley and a lemon wedge.
- * Use whatever shrimp you have on hand or whatever you prefer. Cooking times will vary.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 386Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 117mgSodium: 467mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 16g
More quick and easy 15 minute recipes: