These Spider Web Halloween Cookies are easy and festive. Perfect for kids to create, a Halloween party, or for school treats.
Now that it’s officially fall, I am fully in the Halloween spirit! I hope y’all love all the spooky treats I’m cooking up this year. These spider web Halloween cookies are so hauntingly delicious and so simple to make. I am ecstatic with how elegant they turned out. My kids love helping me in the kitchen, especially when it involves chocolate. The cookies are very forgiving and even if your chocolate technique isn’t perfect, you can turn any mistake into another spider. You could easily serve this at a party or make them for a fun treat. Either way, all the ghosts and ghouls will be clamoring for these festive spider web Halloween cookies.
Aren’t the little eyeballs cute, too? My son loved holding the finished cookies up to his own eyes, so don’t be surprised if you see these sweet treats staring back at you! Stay tuned for the recipe coming soon!
- Bake sugar cookies according to recipe or package instructions. Let cool completely.
- Set aside some regular chocolate chips for spider bodies (24 or however many spiders you want to make). Place remaining regular chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl with 1 tbs shortening. Heat in microwave on high for 1 minute bursts, stirring after each minute, until chocolate is melted and smooth. Dip half of each cookie into chocolate and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, quickly melt white chocolate chips with 1 tbs shortening the same way as the semi-sweet chocolate. Pour melted white chocolate into a zip top baggie and cut off a tiny piece of one corner. Make semi-circles on the dipped chocolate part of the cookie.
- Use a a toothpick and draw lines through the chocolate and white chocolate from the center out to the outside edge of the cookie to create a web effect.
- Place a little drip of melted chocolate on the cookie near the web. Use a toothpick to draw out 8 legs from the chocolate. Place regular chocolate chip at one end for the spider body and a mini chocolate chip at the other for the head.
- Place cookies on wax paper and let chocolate cool to harden before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 185 Total Fat: 8g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 1mg Sodium: 33mg Carbohydrates: 12g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 10g Protein: 1g
Join the Club!
Get delicious recipes delivered straight to your inbox each week! Plus learn how to take back suppertime in your home.
And get started with my NEW Take Back Suppertime 5-Day Jump Start Guide.