I love creating entirely new recipes using leftovers! It makes the leftovers not seem too much like leftovers. I made this Sweet Potato & Turkey Hash using up our Thanksgiving leftovers (but it would also work with Christmas leftovers too). A bonus is that this recipe also works as a breakfast, lunch, or supper! Oh that’s right….turkey day leftovers that will blow your socks off!
We love hash over here…pretty much every meat has been turned into some form of hash over the last couple years. I think it could quite possibly be one of the world’s best meals.
Peppers, Onions, Garlic..Check!
Fried egg on top….Check!
Seriously…I could eat hash every weekend and not get tired of it. Imagine leftover brisket, leftover corned beef, leftover ham, leftover carne asada…the possibilities are endless!
Looking for more Sweet Potato Recipes? I’ve got a bunch of Easy Sweet Potato Recipes <—- click for more!
Or learn how to bake restaurant style sweet potatoes!
Sweet Potato & Turkey Hash #15MinuteSuppers
- ~ 2 leftover sweet potatoes, diced
- ~2 cups leftover turkey, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 jalapeno, finely minced
- 4 fried eggs (1 per person)
- 1/2 tsp ground sage
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- olive oil or garlic olive oil for cooking
- salt & pepper to taste
- avocado and bacon crumbles, optional
- Heat about 1 tbl of garlic olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Add cubed sweet potatoes and let cook for 1-2 minutes without turning so that the outsides edges crisp up. Stir and repeat until potatoes are crisp on all sides. Remove from pan.
- Add another 1 tbl of garlic olive oil to pan and add pepper, onion, and jalapeno, cooking until translucent (about 3-4 minutes), then add garlic. Cook for one minute and push onion/peppers aside and add turkey. Heat for 1-2 minutes then add sage and thyme.
- Spray a small pan with non-stick cooking spray and heat over medium heat for a minute before gently cracking over pan. Cook gently over medium heat for 2 minutes and then flip to cook other side 1 minute if desired.
- Serves 4
- ©Around My Family Table
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 991kcal Calories from fat 348|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 39g||60%|
|Saturated Fat 11g||55%|
|Dietary Fiber 12g||48%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, but I bet you probably have a ton of leftovers. That’s why today, the #15MinuteSuppers bloggers are bringing you some tasty leftover ideas! Most likely you spent all day cooking yesterday, so take a break today and give one of these a try.
Check out these scrumptious Thanksgiving leftovers and they only take 15 minutes:
Grandma’s Turkey Soup from How To This And That
Turkey-Cranberry Panini from Better in Bulk
Sweet Potato & Turkey Hash from Around My Family Table
Mini Shell Pasta with Minced Meat from Food 4 Little Ones
Cheesy Turkey and Rice from Monzanita’s
Join the newsletter
Get Delicious & Seasonal Recipes in your INBOX every week.