This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
Triple Citrus Chicken is light and refreshing with tons of garlicy citrus flavor. I love making it on the grill! It’s so delicious, be sure you make lots of extra for meal use throughout the week.
As a child, I really didn’t like chicken. I’m not sure what about it I didn’t like, but I have grown to love it as an adult. I fix it several times each week and always try to make enough to have leftovers. This Triple Citrus Chicken is so moist and delicious. I was worried that the four of us were going to polish off the entire platter, but I was able to swipe a piece for my lunch tomorrow.
I have really enjoyed my time creating recipes as a Mazola® Corn Oil ambassador. I love using it in this recipe because it has a neutral flavor and allows the delicate citrus flavors to really shine. Did you know a recent study published in the Journal of Clinical Lipidology found that corn oil helps lower cholesterol more than extra virgin olive oil? It has more cholesterol-blocking plant sterols than other cooking oils – almost 4X more than olive oil- and a high smoke point which makes it a great all-purpose cooking oil, especially for grilling. You can find out more about the benefits of cooking with corn oil at Mazola.com.
Triple Citrus Chicken
Triple Citrus Chicken is light and refreshing with tons of garlic citrus flavor. This grilled chicken is so delicious, be sure you make lots of extra for meal prep throughout the week.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 orange zested, plus juice of the whole orange
- 1/2 lemon zested, plus juice of half of the lemon
- 2 limes, 1 zested and juice from both
- 6-8 large garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- In a large, gallon-sized zip top baggie put all the juices, zests, garlic, oil, salt, and pepper. Squish around until combined. Add chicken. Make sure all the chicken is coated with marinade. Let chicken marinade for 20-40 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat. Remove chicken from marinade and cook on one side for about 6 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional 6 minutes. Continue cooking until chicken is done. Chicken is done when the juices run clear after meat is pierced with a knife.
- Allow chicken to cool slightly before serving or let stand until room temperature before refrigerating for later use.
- Serve with corn on the cob and a green salad.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 breast
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 454Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 102mgSodium: 550mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 2gSugar: 17gProtein: 38g
Nicole Dziedzic says
The flavor from the orange, lemon, and lime makes this super delicious. Perfect to go with a side salad and maybe with some sweet corn.
Domestic Nerd says
I love lemon with chicken, we’ll definitely be trying this recipe!
this looks delicious…i am always looking for ways to spruce up my roasted chicken..especially since we seem to have it a few times a month!