For a decadent treat, try making Chocolate Covered Bacon. It makes great gifts and is a fun party food too!
I have had so much fun creating fun and unique bacon recipes for Bacon Month. Make sure check out my other Bacon Recipes such as curing your own bacon, bacon habanero mojitos, bacon banana bread, and bacon chocolate chip cookies. I know….crazy recipes, right?!?!? I seriously had a blast thinking outside the box and tempting Hubbyman with all these crazy flavors.
This last recipe I’m sharing for Bacon Month is totally simple and only has four ingredients! The most important is the bacon, you have to use a thick cut (not maple flavored) bacon. If it’s not thick cut, then the bacon will get lost in all the chocolate flavor. The point is to be able to taste both at the same time. I also used a dairy free chocolate chip since I needed it to be dairy free. Most good brands of semi-sweet or dark chocolate are naturally dairy free. Skip the milk chocolate though, it’s just way to sweet for this.
I know I will be making up a big batch of this chocolate covered bacon for Christmas gifts this year. It decadent, unique and just plain fun. I’m also planning on making this for a dessert table in a couple weeks. It will definitely be a conversation starter.
So, what do you think? I dare you to make up a batch or even just one or two pieces. I think you will find it interesting and maybe a little bit addictive. Give it a try, I dare you!
Chocolate Covered Bacon
- 1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips (find a dairy free brand, if needed)
- 1-2 tbls shortening
- 1 package thick cut bacon, cooked
- chocolate sprinkles
- wax paper
- Line work area with wax paper. Place chocolate chips in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for about 45 seconds. Stir and add one tablespoon of shortening. Return to microwave for an addition 15 seconds. Stir. Repeat until chips are melted and smooth.
- Dip cooled bacon in the melted chocolate to cover completely. Let excess chocolate drain off before setting on wax paper to cool. Lay on wax paper directly after dipping in chocolate and sprinkle the sprinkles on the bacon. Enjoy!
- Chocolate candy melts could be used as well, but omit the shortening and follow package directions for melting. However, using real chocolate chips tastes much better.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 3645kcal Calories from fat 2670|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 297g||457%|
|Saturated Fat 124g||620%|
|Dietary Fiber 20g||80%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Make sure to check out all the other amazing bacon recipes that my friends are sharing this week….they all sound delicious!
Join the newsletter
Get Delicious & Seasonal Recipes in your INBOX every week.