This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
Peanut Butter Banana Cookie Bars are the perfect blend of peanut butter, banana, and chocolate chips in a moist, cake-like cookie bar made with pantry staples. It’s the perfect after school snack or dessert.
These cookies remind me of some of Elvis’s favorite flavors! I almost called them Elvis Bars! This recipe will make a huge pan of cookie bars but you can easily cut the recipe in half, or pack some up to put in the freezer! This is totally a kid friendly recipe and you can even get them in on the action! Kids love to make cookies and love to eat them when they are fresh out of the oven!
Another great thing about this recipe is it uses over ripe bananas. If your tired of making banana bread all the time, use those over ripe bananas for these cookie bars! It’s a nice change up!
Ingredients Needed for this Recipe
- light brown sugar
- baking powder
- coarse Kosher salt
- crunchy peanut butter (or use peanut butter + lightly salted peanuts)
- semi sweet chocolate chips
- peanut butter chips plus creamy peanut butter
Tools Needed for this Recipe
It’s also a nice change from your everyday chocolate chip cookie. Making them as bars also takes less time in the kitchen because there is only one bake! No scooping cookie dough a million times to make cookies. Spread the dough in a 10″x 15″ cookie sheet and bake for about 20-25 minutes and you have a whole lot of cookie bars!!
So go ahead and make a batch of these today but make sure you have plenty of ice cold milk to drink with them because you won’t want to stop eating them!!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon coarse Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter (or use 1/2 cup peanut butter + 1/2 cup lightly salted peanuts)
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Opt: 1/2 cup peanut butter chips plus 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter (for drizzle)
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a 15X10 inch jelly roll pan with parchment paper sprayed with non stick cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix both sugars and butter on medium speed until it is well combined and turns a light yellow color. Beat in eggs, vanilla, and mashed banana, mix until well combined.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt, add to the wet ingredients and mix on low speed until blended. Stir in peanut butter and chocolate chips by hand.
- Spread into prepared pan and bake at 350F for 30 minutes or until lightly golden brown and set. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- While cookies are cooling, melt the peanut butter chips and peanut butter together in a microwave safe bowl in 20 second intervals, stirring in between each interval. When fully melted and combined, drizzle over cookies. Let cookies and drizzle cool completely before cutting.
- Store in an airtight container for up to week.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 48 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 125Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 110mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 2g
This nutritional information is an estimate may vary, depending on brand and type of ingredients used. It is not intended to replace the advice of a licensed dietician or physician.
Pin this recipe to your favorite Pinterest board:
Recent Recipes You May Have Missed:
- Classic Roasted Carrots
- Easy Pantry Recipes
- Chocolate Mint Trifle
- Healthy After School Snacks
- Peanut Butter Banana Bread
Originally published: 4/27/15, Recipe & Photos updated 3/24/20