This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
The best deviled eggs recipe is this one, because you make it with just 4 ingredients! The eggs are perfectly cooked, creamy, and taste delicious!
Be sure to sign up for my email list….seasonal recipes in your inbox every week!
There are a few classic but simple appetizers and side dishes that people make especially for holidays.
Like sweet potato casserole and stuffing for Thanksgiving.
Deviled eggs are a classic that is most often seen on an Easter brunch table.
Don’t let that stop you from making them all year long, though.When they are kept simple and don’t have a lot of extra ingredients is when they taste the best! I think so, anyway.
This best deviled eggs recipe makes the perfect side dish; they’re delicious with so many things!
Deviled eggs taste great with a glazed ham, roast turkey, lamb, or beef. Heck, they even taste great with a beef pot roast!
Best deviled eggs recipe ingredients
Just 4 ingredients and you are in business.
- Large or extra large eggs – Stick with the larger sizes, otherwise, you won’t have much room for the deviled egg filling.
- Mayonnaise – I use full fat, real mayo for the best flavor. If you want or need to cut back on fat and/or calories, you can use light mayo, or even
Greek yogurt instead. Plus, Greek yogurt is lower in cholesterol. As a result, it’s heart healthy!
- Mustard – This ingredient adds a lot of flavor to the deviled eggs. You can use yellow mustard or dijon. Or, for a bolder flavor and a bit more texture, use grainy mustard.
- Salt and pepper – Okay, so those are two separate ingredients, but they always belong together. Therefore, I count them as one. 😉
I use fresh black pepper, but if you want a little kick of spice, feel free to use a pinch of cayenne pepper.
Looking for more deviled eggs recipes....I've got ya covered (find them here).
How to boil eggs for deviled eggs
- Fill a large stock pot with water. Place eggs in water in a single layer and not touching. Make sure water level is about one inch above eggs.
- Turn on high heat and bring to a rolling boil.
- Place lid on pot, turn off heat, and let sit for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes run eggs under cold water and when cool, peel them!
Assembling the eggs
- Prepare the filling
Because there are so few ingredients, mixing the filling for this deviled egg recipe is very easy.
After you hard boil the eggs, peel them and make sure they are completely cool.
Then, slice them in half from top to bottom. Gently remove the yolk from each half and place it into a bowl.
Add the other ingredients to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Fill the eggs
If you plan to make the best deviled eggs recipe for a holiday meal, this is where you can get fancy!
The easiest way to add filling to the eggs is simply to spoon it in. But for a fancier look, transfer the filling to a pastry bag with a star tip and squeeze the filling into the eggs.
Or, if you don’t have a pastry bag, you can place the filling into a plastic zip top bag. Then, seal it, while removing as much air as possible from the bag.
Snip off a small portion from one corner and squeeze the filling out from there.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #amftrecipes when you share one of my recipes….so I can see all the wonderful recipes YOU make!
Connect with Around My Family Table!
Make sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive seasonal recipes once a week or
receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
- 12 hard boiled eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard, or dijon mustard
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Peel eggs and cut them in half lengthwise.
- Remove egg yolks from eggs and add to a medium size bowl. Smash yolks with a fork.
- Add mayo, mustard, salt and pepper. Stir until well combined
- Fill egg whites with yolk mixture
- Add toppings of your choice.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 5 days.
For extra bold flavor
- Feel free to substitute grainy mustard for yellow mustard.
- Instead of black pepper, add a pinch of cayenne pepper.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 55Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 94mgSodium: 78mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 3g
This nutritional information is an estimate may vary, depending on brand and type of ingredients used. It is not intended to replace the advice of a licensed dietician or physician.
Pin this recipe to your favorite Pinterest board:
- Firecracker Green Beans
- Empty Tomb Rolls
- 25 Easter Desserts
- Peanut Butter Banana Cookie Bars
- Classic Roasted Carrots
Originally published 9/12/11, Updated 4/6/20