Hello AMFT readers and Happy Fall! I am Janice from over at Celebrating Family and I’m so excited to share this recipe for vegan pumpkin pie with you. It has been almost a year since Wendy’s food allergies reared their ugly heads and since then I have watched her navigate her way through many changes and challenges with grace and determination. So when I had the chance to share a recipe here on AMFT, I knew it had to be something that Wendy could actually eat.
This pie is dairy free, egg free, and gluten free. Wait! Don’t navigate away from this page just yet because this pie is also very delicious! Seriously. I let several people try this pie and no one guessed what was in it. My sister said the texture was slightly different from a traditional pumpkin pie, but no one else had any clue that it was dairy and egg free. Soft tofu stands in for the eggs and dairy and I used a gluten free crust, making this pie very allergy-friendly.
Bring this pie to your fall and holiday gatherings and surprise everyone with just how satisfying dairy free can be!
AMFT Notes: I was lucky enough to have a slice of this pie and it was delicious. I’m not a huge pumpkin pie fan; however, I would have gladly eaten a second slice if Janice would have have brought me two slices.
Vegan Pumpkin Pie
- 2 cups pumpkin puree (or 1 can pumpkin) (see Wendy's Roasted Pumpkin Recipe or Janice's Steamed Pumpkin Recipe )
- 1 (10 ounce) package soft tofu
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbls granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsps ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves (optional)
- 1 (9 inch) pie shell, unbaked (see Wendy's GF pie crust recipe )
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Mix all of the ingredients (except pie shell) in a food processor or blender until completely blended and smooth.
- Pour mixture into pie shell, make sure to smooth out the top, and bake for 15 minutes.
- Lower heat to 350°F and bake for another 40-45 minutes. Chill and serve.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 1894kcal Calories from fat 637|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 71g||109%|
|Saturated Fat 25g||125%|
|Dietary Fiber 22g||88%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Join the newsletter
Get Delicious & Seasonal Recipes in your INBOX every week.