This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
Hi there everybody! I’m Carlyn from East Valley Mom Guide here to share one of my family’s favorite #15MinuteSuppers. I love re-purposing leftovers into amazing meals, and this recipe is proof that it can be done in record time! Veggie fried rice is a great go-to because it is versatile and uses up rice from the day before. Add protein like chicken, pork, or tofu by searing it prior to adding the vegetables. Use whatever is on hand.
A friend of mine will put leftover veggies in a bag and place it in the freezer to make soup. You could easily do the same thing to make this veggie fried rice. Or swap for a cup of frozen peas and carrots. Fresh vegetables work well, just cover and let them steam a little longer so they cook through before adding the eggs.
This time I happened to have leftover brown rice, a cup of cooked quinoa, and a bag of stir-fry veggies. Frozen veggies taste great in stir-fry, but you don’t want them to become mushy. Avoid this by making sure your wok is hot, and continuously toss and stir while cooking. Wok cooking goes very fast, so it’s a good idea to have all your ingredients ready to go. The other trick to making frozen vegetables delicious is the use of good seasonings.
I enjoy Bragg Liquid Aminos as a natural (and gluten-free) alternative to soy sauce, but you could use whatever soy sauce you have. Feel free to experiment to suit your family’s taste. DH loves spicing it up with Sriracha or Mongolian Fire Oil. I like mine considerably less spicy. Veggie fried rice also makes a great side dish to serve alongside orange chicken.
A note on rice: You could use white rice or a quick-cook variety (it doesn’t have to be leftover, but day-old does stir-fry better). I would suggest to refrigerate the rice if you make it the same day to avoid stickiness.
- 2 cups cooked rice (I used brown)
- 1 cup cooked quinoa*
- 2 cups frozen vegetables for stir-fry
- 2 eggs, beaten (or egg substitute)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp Bragg Liquid Aminos or soy sauce
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp chopped green onions (optional)
- Sriracha or hot sauce (optional)
- Heat a large wok (or skillet) to medium-high heat. Pour sesame oil in the bottom and add garlic and ginger. Toss vegetables and stir until thawed.
- Slide veggie mixture to one side and pour the beaten eggs onto the other side. Using a spatula, scramble the eggs. Once they are almost set, mix the eggs with the cooked veggies.
- Add the rice and quinoa to the veggie/egg mixture. Pour the liquid aminos or soy sauce over the top. Stir-fry the rice and veggie mixture until heated through and combined.
- Add chopped green onions or Sriracha if desired.
- ©Around My Family Table
- Feel free to substitute quinoa for additional rice, or a protein. You can use whatever you have on hand.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 388Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 163mgSodium: 752mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 7gSugar: 5gProtein: 20g
Need more quick suppers? Check out these other great #15MinuteSuppers!
Veggie Fried Rice from Around My Family Table
Gyro-style Greek Wraps from Better in Bulk
Mandarin Orange Chicken from Confessions of an Overworked Mom
15 Minute Tortellini Soup with Tomato & Peppers from Sunshine and Sippy Cups
Tortilla Crusted Tilapia from Lizzie Jane Baby
Tuna Burgers from Just 2 Sisters
Spicy Pepperoni Pizza Cups from Sweeties Freebies
Steak and Brussel Sprouts Stirfry from Jen’s Journey
Buttery Thyme Noodles from A Nation of Moms
Shrimp Fajita Omelette from Turning the Clock Back
Head over to our #15MinuteSuppers Pinterest Board to see all the past recipes and more delicious goodness!
Would you like to join us at #15MinuteSuppers? We’d love to have you! Please check out the 15 Minute Suppers website or ask to join the Facebook group to participate on Fridays…we’d love to have you join us.
Never worry about dinner again....
Subscribe to get my 5 favorite Quick & Easy dinner recipes and FREE weekly meal plans