This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
My family couldn’t get enough of this Mango Gooey Cake and neither will yours! Perfectly mango, perfectly gooey, and perfectly delicious!
Growing up, we didn’t have mangos in our house. We stuck with strawberries, apples, oranges, and bananas…that was about it on the fruit front. About 10 years ago, I joined a produce co-op and we never knew what would come in our basket. At first, I would trade off these weird looking fruits because they seemed scary and cutting them was strange too.
Finally, one day, my friend who started the co-op smacked me upside the head and told me I was being silly and had to try one. She cut it open, sliced it up, and I’ve been a HUGE mango lover ever since! My kids and Hubbyman love them too, so we always have them around. Usually, we just eat them as a snack because they don’t last long enough in the house for me to actually cook with them.
Several months ago, the Mango Board asked me to create a recipe using mangoes for their new cookbook. Oh boy, did I jump at the chance. What a fun experience…I hope you enjoy this recipe (and the new cookbook as much as I do)
Mango Gooey Cake
This mango gooey butter cake is the perfect summer dessert! My family loves it and yours will, too!
- 1 boxed yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 mango, peeled and cut into thin slices
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x9” pan with foil and spray liberally with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add cake mix, butter, and egg to the bowl of an electric mixer. Using a paddle attachment, mix ingredients until a thick dough forms.
- Press about 2/3 of the dough into the bottom of the prepared pan. Sprinkle with white chocolate chips and add mango slices in a single layer on top of the white chocolate chips. Pour sweetened condensed milk over the top. Separate remaining dough into small balls and evenly space over the top of the bars. Press down to flatten.
- Bake cake for about 30 minutes or until it just starts to brown. Cool completely before slicing (place in the freezer to speed the cooling process), otherwise the cake will be too gooey to cut.
Gluten-Free / Dairy-Free Recipe Options
- Use a gluten free cake mix, Earth Balance soy sticks, Ener-G Egg replacer, Vegan White Chocoloate Chips, and Coco Real instead of sweetened condensed milk. Follow recipe instructions with these swaps and it turns out great!}
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 494Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 57mgSodium: 552mgCarbohydrates: 74gFiber: 1gSugar: 51gProtein: 6g
Win a copy of the new Mango Board cookbook. I have a hard back copy of the new cookbook for one lucky reader! If you don’t win…you can download an e-version and start cooking up some yummy mango recipes. Make sure to check out the dessert section to see this yummy recipe in there too!
CRAVING MORE MANGO RECIPES
Dairy Free Mango Cheesecake Ice Cream
Disclaimer: I was compensated for my recipe and given 2 copies of the cookbook (one to giveaway).
Andi @ The Weary Chef says
I didn’t even know what a mango was when I was growing up! I’m glad we’ve expanded our fruit horizons. This cake looks amazing. Stumbled and pinned 🙂
Donna M. Clark says
I am most excited about the Mango Gooey Cake. It sounds so delicious.
MARIA simon says
I LOVE MANGO AND THE MANGO BREAD OR ICE CREAM IS FANTASTIC 🙂
Stephanie Galbraith says
I am most excited that my daughter loves mangos and this will help her be creative with them.
Candie L says
Mango cheesecake ice cream sounds amazing. Thank you
susan smoaks says
i am excited about the gooey cake
Reluctant Shopper says
What a perfect recipe for my mangoes – the tree in our backyard has a few mangoes left to try out this recipe with. 😀 Thanks for sharing.
danielle hall says
the gooey cake mmmmm
Mihaela Day says
I am excited about the mango ice cream
jenn huey says
The recipe for the Mango Gooey cake looks so good and easy enough my teenager could manage it
the new Mango Board cookbook-Mango ice cream
Mango ice cream is fabulous!
Danielle D says
all of it