This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
My family couldn’t get enough of this Mango Gooey Cake and neither will yours! Perfectly mango, perfectly gooey, and perfectly delicious!
Growing up, we didn’t have mangos in our house. We stuck with strawberries, apples, oranges, and bananas…that was about it on the fruit front. About 10 years ago, I joined a produce co-op and we never knew what would come in our basket. At first, I would trade off these weird looking fruits because they seemed scary and cutting them was strange too.
Finally, one day, my friend who started the co-op smacked me upside the head and told me I was being silly and had to try one. She cut it open, sliced it up, and I’ve been a HUGE mango lover ever since! My kids and Hubbyman love them too, so we always have them around. Usually, we just eat them as a snack because they don’t last long enough in the house for me to actually cook with them.
Several months ago, the Mango Board asked me to create a recipe using mangoes for their new cookbook. Oh boy, did I jump at the chance. What a fun experience…I hope you enjoy this recipe (and the new cookbook as much as I do)
- 1 boxed yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 mango, peeled and cut into thin slices
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x9” pan with foil and spray liberally with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add cake mix, butter, and egg to the bowl of an electric mixer. Using a paddle attachment, mix ingredients until a thick dough forms.
- Press about 2/3 of the dough into the bottom of the prepared pan. Sprinkle with white chocolate chips and add mango slices in a single layer on top of the white chocolate chips. Pour sweetened condensed milk over the top. Separate remaining dough into small balls and evenly space over the top of the bars. Press down to flatten.
- Bake cake for about 30 minutes or until it just starts to brown. Cool completely before slicing (place in the freezer to speed the cooling process), otherwise the cake will be too gooey to cut.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 494 Total Fat: 20g Saturated Fat: 12g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 57mg Sodium: 552mg Carbohydrates: 74g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 51g Protein: 6g
Win a copy of the new Mango Board cookbook. I have a hard back copy of the new cookbook for one lucky reader! If you don’t win…you can download an e-version and start cooking up some yummy mango recipes. Make sure to check out the dessert section to see this yummy recipe in there too!
Disclaimer: I was compensated for my recipe and given 2 copies of the cookbook (one to giveaway).
Join the Club!
Get delicious recipes delivered straight to your inbox each week! Plus learn how to take back suppertime in your home.
And get started with my NEW Take Back Suppertime 5-Day Jump Start Guide.