This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
A simple and easy Mixed Berry Graham Cracker Icebox Cake is the perfect summer dessert. No baking required!
Mixed Berry Graham Cracker Icebox Cake
I look forward to berry season all year long. Summertime means the berries are so sweet and delicious and usually a great price too. When they go on sale, I buy way to many and then make all sorts of berry dishes. From salads to desserts.
My strawberry quinoa salad is always a hit, but my no bake desserts are my favorites…especially my no bake strawberry pie. It is so simple and to-die-for. This summer I decided to try my hand at a refrigerator cake. And I think it turned out fantastic!
There are just a few simple ingredients in this icebox cake recipe, in fact, you probably already have everything you need at home. If you don’t want to make a vanilla whipping cream try chocolate pudding or vanilla pudding. Both are great options.
How to make this Icebox Cake:
- Chill mixing bowl in freezer.
- Clean and slice mixed berries or other fruit.
- Beat heavy whipping cream in a large bowl, powdered sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks.
- Divide whipping cream mixture into fourths.
- Spread a small spoonful of cream on bottom of pan.
- Add graham crackers, trimming to fit if necessary.
- Spread a little of the whipping cream mixture on top of the graham crackers, then add ⅓ of the fruit on top of the whipping cream.
- Add another layer of graham crackers, pressing down gently.
- Repeat layers, finishing the cream on top.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve chilled. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Tools for making this recipe:
💡 PRO TIP:
Any type of fruit can be used on this icebox cake. You can also add instant pudding between the layers.
This vanilla cream icebox cake is the base for creating all sorts yummy desserts. Besides berries, I’ve added chocolate chips, nuts, caramel, marshmallows, coconut, and more. The sky is the limit.
- 3 ½ cups very cold heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Graham crackers
- 4 cups - fresh fruit - strawberries, blueberries, red raspberries and blackberries, or any combination you like
- Place mixing bowl in freezer about 30 min before using to chill.
- While mixing bowl is chilling, prepare fruit by cleaning and slicing strawberries.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form.
- Divide whipping cream mixture into fourths and spread a small spoonful of cream on bottom of a 9x13 inch pan evenly.
- Add graham crackers, trim crackers to fit if necessary.
- Spread ¼ of the whipping cream mixture on top of the graham crackers. Add ⅓ of the fruit on top of the whipping cream. (Optional but helpful to level the crackers - Add a small amount of whip cream on top of the fruit to level it.)
- Add another layer of graham crackers, pressing down gently into the cream. Then repeat layers, finishing the cream on top.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Garnish with additional fruit if you like and serve chilled. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Any type of fruit can be used on this icebox
cake. You can also add instant vanilla pudding in between the layers.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 356Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 94mgSodium: 31mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 2gSugar: 15gProtein: 3g
This nutritional information is an estimate may vary, depending on brand and type of ingredients used. It is not intended to replace the advice of a licensed dietician or physician.
Pin this recipe to your favorite Pinterest board:
Recent Recipes You May Have Missed: